Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe Helmet

Article about: Liner and strap look consistent with each other. Helmetone is right on the price range. Regards, Lars

Default Luftwaffe Helmet

HI Guys,

I would like to get some opinions on this Luftwaffe Helmet. Not really my area of collecting so your help as always would be greatly appreciated. I apologias for the poor photos I hope they are still clear enough to tell if it’s an original? I spent some time searching the forum for similar helmets however I'm still not certain mine is good. Probably my main concern comes from the fact that it’s in near mint condition with the exception of the chin strap. It looks out of place in on such a nice helmet. I guess it could have been added to complete the package but in my mind it throws up a “red flag”. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is an M1935 because of its inward rolled edge?

Thanks very much for looking and any help you can offer!

Kirby

Luftwaffe HelmetLuftwaffe HelmetLuftwaffe HelmetLuftwaffe HelmetLuftwaffe HelmetLuftwaffe Helmet100_6004.jpg.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Helmet

Here is some more pictures. I'm having trouble with few of them, they will only show up as attachments.

Kirby

[ATTACH]385Luftwaffe Helmet796[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

An M40 I believe as the vents are moulded as part of the helmet and not seperate pieces.
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-21-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Typo.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian is right, it's an M40 helmet made by Quist and in a size 66. I actually don't see anything to wrong with this one myself. The decal pic is fuzzy but looks nicely toned and has the detail I loom for. Would be more than happy to have it in my collection

Cheers
    Jason

The liner looks very worn and possibly has blood staining on it and also looks out of place compared to the mint condition of the shell, paint & decal IMHO

The rivet in the decal shot looks a bit loose and battered compared to the rest.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I think it's OK all round, the liner could have been water/other liquid damaged rather than blood.

JMO

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I think it's OK all round, the liner could have been water/other liquid damaged rather than blood.

JMO
    Agreed 100%. Helmet looks right as rain, and the staining on the liner could be sweat, hair tonic, just about anything. To me it does not look like blood rot. Nice helmet. Jim G.

I think its a 100% original helmet. The wear and tear on the liner is not all that bad that it would convince me it was replaced. I'd buy this one in a heartbeat. Quist made the best looking shell.

Hey Guys,

Thanks very much for the input I really appreciate it. I must ask one more question

What would you guys consider a far price for this helmet? I don't usually ask that question because the market is a bit suggestive however its hard for me to compare pricing without finding one in similar condition. I'm sure they are out there but as usual all I see on line is asking prices not actual sale prices. So I guess what I'm asking is for a approximate price rang one would expect to pay for a similar helmet.

Thanks again!

Kirby

In that condition I would expect a dealer to be asking anywhere from $1100-1500 these days. I have on in similar condition with a few more knicks on the shell, but very similar to yours, a Quist helmet also. I paid about $900 and that was a year ago. They have gone up some. Is there an asking price for this one or is the buyer asking you to make an offer?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast