MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Helmet

Article about: Hello all, My gf is in town for a few days and she is must more of a photographer than I am, so I had her help me take picture of my collection. Here is a luftwaffe helmet that I have had fo

?

Default Luftwaffe Helmet

Hello all,

My gf is in town for a few days and she is must more of a photographer than I am, so I had her help me take picture of my collection. Here is a luftwaffe helmet that I have had for a couple months now. It was my first helmet purchase that came direct from a vet's son. He said it had been sitting in his closet for the past 35 years and preferred having the cash than the helmet. It is missing the liner and does have missing paint in areas, but it does have the rough, not smooth, paint job, but it also appears to have some sort of white wash or paint on it. Not sure if that is something that was purposely or accidentally applied. Any opinions would be welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Helmet   Luftwaffe Helmet  

Luftwaffe Helmet   Luftwaffe Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe Helmet

Nice SD Luftwaffe M40. The decal flaking is pretty common on textured paint like this. Does this one happen to be a CKL?

?

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    Nice SD Luftwaffe M40. The decal flaking is pretty common on textured paint like this. Does this one happen to be a CKL?
    To be honest I am not sure.. The condition on the inside of the helmet has made it hard to make out any markings there may be.

if you zoom in on rear skirt there is a lot number,i see a faint 6 on the left side,i think the shell is just fine,i nice salty luft.

?

Thanks overthetop! I will try to see if I can make out a lot number. Any idea on the white stuff on the helmet?

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    Are you sure that m40s were marked ckl or im wrong???

?

Quote by DTVPKING View Post
    Are you sure that m40s were marked ckl or im wrong???
    M40 ET
    M42 ET change to CKL

the lot number is 246,i wouldnt worry about the white markings,.its just been banged up a bit & white just stands out more i think.