Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe Helmet Decal

Article about: I just bought an M40 Luft helmet from a dealer & I'm concerned about the decal. The eagle looks good in every aspect but I have nothing to compare it to other than photo's. In fact the d

?

Default Luftwaffe Helmet Decal

I just bought an M40 Luft helmet from a dealer & I'm concerned about the decal. The eagle looks good in every aspect but I have nothing to compare it to other than photo's. In fact the decal looks similar to two fakes I have. My concern is how the outline actually looks like a water transfer type decal. Under certain lighting you can see an opaque finish over the eagle. Is this normal ? I took a few photo's but what I describe doesn't appear in the photo's. On my my m42 heer the decal is metallic and looks nothing like a decal. On my Civil police helmets they also don't give an appearance of an applied decal. I'm so skeptical of everything that even real items are bugging me. Am I paranoid or do you see anything incorrect about the decal ? Thanks in advance for any input. Al.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Helmet Decal   Luftwaffe Helmet Decal  

Luftwaffe Helmet Decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Helmet Decal
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe Helmet Decal

Aldo is this a Q helmet? These Luftwaffe birds are not my specialty but it looks like a good decal to expect on a Q shell, and Q M40s with that rough surface had decal adhesion issues and decals are prone to flaking like this example. Anyone else?

Decal looks good but always with helmets knowing the maker of the helmet helps in the evaluation.
    The outline BTW is typical for LW decals.

Looks fine to me Al.

Cheers, Ade,

?

Gentlemen, thanks for the input. The helemet is not a Quist. It looks like it's stamped E64 on the left side rim and possibly 1424 on the rear. My camera is acting up and I'm having difficulty with clear pictures. Ther issue with the rough surface on the m40 & poor adhesion makes sense. Based on the photo's I wouldn't question it's authenticity either but seeing the decal up close made me skeptical due to the shine & outline of the eagle. Now I know better. Thanks, Al.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Helmet Decal   Luftwaffe Helmet Decal  

Luftwaffe Helmet Decal   Luftwaffe Helmet Decal  

Quote by DougB View Post
    Aldo is this a Q helmet? These Luftwaffe birds are not my specialty but it looks like a good decal to expect on a Q shell, and Q M40s with that rough surface had decal adhesion issues and decals are prone to flaking like this example. Anyone else?
    Doug is correct. The decal is good but they did not adhere well to the rough surface helmets. This was a common problem.

rgds, Tyrone

?

You have yourself a good model 40 Luftwaffe helmet friend. You are learning lad. It is a scary world with WWII German stuff but I think you are coming along just fine. You have a good bunch of folks here that are willing to help.
    Steve

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    You have yourself a good model 40 Luftwaffe helmet friend. You are learning lad. It is a scary world with WWII German stuff but I think you are coming along just fine. You have a good bunch of folks here that are willing to help.
    Steve
    Thank you Steve. Here is a pic of the helmet alongside it's companions.

?

As I think this helmet was discussed her before?
    It's a good helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    As I think this helmet was discussed her before?
    It's a good helmet
    Hello Dimas, yes apparently it was. I was only concerned about the decal & not the helmet. I imagine it's easy for an accomplished fraudster to apply a good quality decal to an authentic helmet to boost the price. I'm glad that's not the case here. Thanks & Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast