Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!

Article about: Hello everyone I would appreciate opinions on this helmet. Each time when a seller posts bad photos made with telephone I have doubts and in 98% cases these doubts are justified. I am not su

Default Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!

Hello everyone
    I would appreciate opinions on this helmet. Each time when a seller posts bad photos
    made with telephone I have doubts and in 98% cases these doubts are justified.
    I am not sure if the seller will have the nerves to send better photos. Who knows why?
    Maybe these criminally bad pics are enough to solve the mystery. Eagle decal placed over the rough sort of camo paint??
    At least is the liner, chinstrap and that color finish original? Only decal could be fake? Hmmm.. What's the value then?

I really appreciate this forum. I'm a new user and I must definitely support it with annual membership fee.
    Big family which helps everyone even with their bad helmets and bad photos :-) It takes patience.
    THANKS!!!

Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!
    P
    Many

Decal pictures leave a lot to be desired, but it looks okay to me. Jim G.

Thanks for the fast answer. So you mean everything looks ok and you're nearly 100% sure it's original.
    Only thing is the decal which is dubious? Were they ever applied over such rough paint like it was here?
    I'm waiting for more opinions, should I ask more pics from the seller at this point? For decal at least.
    I was about to purchase it for around 300$, if decal was good it would be a very good price right? If not real decal
    is it still worth it 300$?
    I have too many questions.. thanks!
    brgds

I think the decal is good, but can't be sure from the pictures. The price is very good for a no decal helmet. I would jump on it.

Jim is usually spot on, but with these horrible photos it's tough to say for sure that it all good an goes together. Without better photos it really comes down to your comfort level on taking a leap of faith and risking your money. Any chance to see it in person before you buy? And yes, decals were applied over rough paint. I have an M35 Luftwaffe with a rough field applied layer of blue paint and it had a Luftwaffe decal applied over top. A lot of the decal has been lost because solid adherence to suck rough paint was not always the best. I would say try for better photos or take the risk for $300, it's really up to you. I might be inclined to take that risk but I may have $300 to burn and you might not, lol.

Hello and thanks for opinions. As predicted photos are a problem. From same source one helmet
    was already sold some time ago (this one had better photos). Was this one genuine or not? Just to make a picture
    of what kind of helmets he's having... good or nice repros. Thanks to all!

Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!

Another one for which he wasn't sure if it was repainted post war (bad images again.. his cell phone camera must be some old Nokia )

Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!

Last but not the least. From French militaria website they have these tropical decals for sale
    but can't be sure if real McCoy. They haven't put the back photo of the other eagle, description says
    "very tiny hooks, perhaps used on the Luftwaffe photo albums" ??? what??
    If you click on the decals photo it opens as bigger photo and it's better to analyse.

Luftwaffe Helmet. Need help before I decide to pay for it. THANKS!

They both looks like the czech tan painted post war used helmets ,the liner looks abit odd to me in the m42 maybe post war copy liner but hard to tell from these photos