Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe M.40 Q66 31166

Article about: This is a lovely simple basic helmet with a camo wire on it. I got this one for £30. The owner came into our family shop and purchased a pair of trousers, and as I do when talking to locals

Default Luftwaffe M.40 Q66 31166

This is a lovely simple basic helmet with a camo wire on it. I got this one for £30. The owner came into our family shop and purchased a pair of trousers, and as I do when talking to locals I always ask if they have anything from the Occupation of the Island of Jersey. The chap said he had a helmet in his shed and I made an appointment for the following morning to go and have a look at it before work. I stopped off the following morning as he only lived a mile or so from my house and he handed me the helmet and said if i wanted it I could have it for the price of the trousers he had bought from me the day before. I'd have beated Billy the kid at the speed the money came out of my pocket for that one. I must add that this was some years ago, and the old chap is long since gone. He knew it was worth more but knew I was a collector and I guess liked the idea of me having it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M.40 Q66 31166   Luftwaffe M.40 Q66 31166  

Luftwaffe M.40 Q66 31166   Luftwaffe M.40 Q66 31166  

Luftwaffe M.40 Q66 31166   Luftwaffe M.40 Q66 31166  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M.40 Q66 31166
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe M.40 Q66 31166

Another great story and helmet D.

I was thinking of putting some flyers out around the island when I come over but I guess you have already done that so many times ! haha

Yes, I must have asked nearly everyone here a dozen times if they have anything from the Occupation. It certainly has dried up in the last few years.

?

A nice wire, one looker which one doesn't see often.

Always nice to have a wire helmet.
    chris