Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Luftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please! Thanks

Article about: I just bought this m1935 Double Decal helmet. It appears to have been white-washed for camo at one point. I have never had a camo helmet, so I would like some feedback on this. The square ri

Default Luftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please! Thanks

I just bought this m1935 Double Decal helmet. It appears to have been white-washed for camo at one point. I have never had a camo helmet, so I would like some feedback on this. The square rings for the chin strap are correct for early M1935 hemlets, and the chinstrap is marked and dated 1939. The liner also looks good with some wear/darkening around the edge where it wraps around the metal liner. The rivots look good too. I am also wanting to get opinions on a value...I've been told that camo helmets are more valuable and the decal condition does not matter as much because it has been scrubbed with the white paint. Luftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksLuftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksLuftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksLuftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksLuftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksLuftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksThanks in advance for the opinions!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  Thanks
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please! Thanks

Top to bottom fake I'm afraid. Bad shell and everything else. Can I ask where you recently bought it from?

I think this one might have been up somewhere else recently for review. The air vent gives it away, and the subtle incorrect shape of the shell.

Default Re: Luftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please! Thanks

Luftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksLuftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksLuftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksLuftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksFAKE??? I'm sorry, but I disagree. How do the air vents give it away?? I bought it at an auction in the St. Louis area. Fake is the LAST thing I would have thought....

Terrible to see people throw their money away on these fakes, when checking here first could have saved the day...

I posted more pics. The first pics I took with my iphone, these I took with my camera. I hope this is not fake. I paid good money for this! What about it shows that it is fake??

Quote by excalibr View Post
    FAKE??? I'm sorry, but I disagree. How do the air vents give it away?? I bought it at an auction in the St. Louis area. Fake is the LAST thing I would have thought....
    They are the wrong shape. Try matching them to one of the manufacturers. Take a proper photo of the profile of the helmet and compare that also, the shape of the shell is incorrect. Can you take a picture of the shell markings also, if any.

They didn't even get the shape of the Stahlhelm right, which I noticed at first glance, the Larson1939 chinstrap is an old known fake, everything here is reproduction, friend...

Shit....there goes my money.

?

Sorry friend, It is always best to check with the forum before spending any money on an item no matter how big or small, just take it as a lesson like many of us already have.

all the best,
    Stefan

Luftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksLuftwaffe M1935 Double Decal White CAMO steel Helmet---OPINIONS please!  ThanksWell...that would be all fine, but when I go to an auction and see the helmet, I don't have time to take pics and upload...I compared this shape to a helmet that I have at my house that I know is real and the shape is the same. I don't know if my pictures are distorted possibly. I know I had to rotate the picures before I uploaded them. I don't know if that distorts the pics. IF someone faked this, they went to alot of trouble to fake the rust on some of the metal pieces and also made the chin strip stiff and rather dried out and stained/aged the liner around the edges of the metal liner ring... But, I guess if it is fake, it will go in the trash for the trashman to pick up because I don't want it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast