Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284

Article about: Hello all, Time to show another lid I just had arrive. As the title says its a Luftwaffe M35 DD helmet, SE64 Lotnr 4284. Still has the majority of it original smooth blue finish inside and o

Default Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284

Hello all,

Time to show another lid I just had arrive. As the title says its a Luftwaffe M35 DD helmet, SE64 Lotnr 4284. Still has the majority of it original smooth blue finish inside and out. Adler is alittle worn but has a fantastic tri colour. Inside ,the liner band is dated 1938, leather in good condition, and the pins all have dates, just no washers and are alittle loose. Someone along the line has written on the liner:

Karen Read
    Per.4 Tuesday 8

Also has the initals "RW" scratched into the paint next to the lot number and "Wussenburg HB" or somthing similar scratch into the underside of the bill. Quite happy with this one, and got it for a good price.

Undecided on weather I will keep it for the long term, but happy to have grabbed it when I found it.
    Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe M35 DD - SE64 Lotnr 4284

100% RIGHT, a very representative DD L/W. Nice. Jim G.

Now I have a story about this lid from today- Pissed me off enough to post it here.

Recently in Perth we had a new military antique store open up, and I went in to pick up a WW1 butcher bayonet up from a friend from the store on Monday, as he is friends with the owner. Anyways the store had a fair few helmets and we got talking about them, when he goes out the back to show me his jewel, a DD M35 NS Lufty lid. Straight away the colour was off and the decals looked as if they has been sanded and cleaned with an acetone or something, plus a few hallmarks of fake decals, the biggest being the white outline around the bird. I said I didn't like it and explained and it didn't go down well.

Fast forward to today, I go in with 2 lids to show from my collection, one being this one. He proceeds to tell me that I have a complete fake lid and I should be getting my money back! I know the liner is mounted wrong but the decals! I had to bite my tongue, but made him aware the lot number matches a DD M35 Lufty.

He then takes me to a cabinet with a , what he says is, a kreigsmarine helmet. Its an M40 (didnt get maker or lotnr) thats the right colour on the inside and a brushed blue on the outside, much the same as luft blue. Has a painted around decal, looks toned heer to me, and a fake mind you. To top it off it has a oak leaf badge a fixed near the vent hole above the eagle. It was also a DD, with a tri colour, again heavily worn on the other side. I believe its wrong but anyone heard of a helmet like this one?

Sorry for the long winded explanation but it got under my skin and I needed to vent. I believe the decals on the helmet above to be good. Do you guys agree?

Paint and decals are fine . A correct liner, just not original to the piece, replaced without washers as you mentioned in the original post. I think the shop owner just has a few sour grapes as he couldn't take advantage of you. Just to put you completely at ease I just checked a data base, and this lot number is listed - also a double decal luft with second pattern bird, so you can be 1000% sure that the shell is 100% right. Jim G.