Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe m35 real?

Article about: What are your opinions about the authenticity of this helmet?

Default Luftwaffe m35 real?

What are your opinions about the authenticity of this helmet?

Luftwaffe m35 real?
    Luftwaffe m35 real?
    Luftwaffe m35 real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe m35 real?
    P
    Many

Hello Bundeswehr,

Showing your collection, are you?

This M35 looks ok to me, although the liner is a replacement. Maybe war time. I don't know of course. Get rid of the yellow string. It does not belong.

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Bundeswehr,

Showing your collection, are you?

This M35 looks ok to me, although the liner is a replacement. Maybe war time. I don't know of course. Get rid of the yellow string. It does not belong.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Thanks emile!
    Haha, not my collection yet...I'm getting rid of all my ww2 canteens. Trade them for a German and US helmet. That's why you see a lot of pics posted by me lately. I'm not really into ww2 helmets yet (learning every day) and the variation in fake ones dazzles me. I was wondering about the decal, looks painted on?
    If the liner is a replacement could stamping on it tell me more?

If you want to collect German helmets and get good advice make sure to always get decal close ups , maker code and lot number.
    THe helmet you show is a low level one due to condition and possible replaced liner , in any case a badly greased one looks like. Not one I would pursue.

The area around the decal looks a lot cleaner than the rest of it, has it been especially treated? The chin strap doesn't look original either.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The area around the decal looks a lot cleaner than the rest of it, has it been especially treated? The chin strap doesn't look original either.
    I thought the chinstrap was the best part of the helmet. I tried to zoom in on the decal...it got blurry, but looks like it may be touched up.

It's a fairly decent helmet to start a collection, although it would be more desirable to have a better quality example. But 'better quality' comes at a higher price, and not everyone is in a position to be able to afford the prices they command. I like it though.

Just made the trade!
    I think so too Harry, thanks. Especially because it was a trade against some of my ww2 canteens. I don't mind the rust, like the "lived" look. I'm more concerned with the originality of it.

@all: Tomorrow I'll make my own foto's and post them for you. Detailed and with a magnifying lens . Any requests? Decal and chin strap noted.

Hi, as stated, it all looks original, if a touch salty, but hey, I have one or two salty lids, so at the right price /trade it's good. Leon.

Hereby the promised photos. If more photos are needed, just ask.

Batchnumber: 159
    Size: 66
    Manufacturer: ??
    The outer rim is dated with 1940 and size 56, however the inner rim is a smaller size.

Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?Luftwaffe m35 real?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast