Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Luftwaffe M40 Single Decal.

Article about: If a tricolor it may have been field applied or fake. Never seen an SE DD LW M40 before and cant recall seeing a DD M40 LW other than one or two. Or like Frank says a repro was on there and

4md
    ?

Default Re: Luftwaffe M40 Single Decal.

nice luft lid Adrian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M40 Single Decal.
    P
    Many

Decal looks fine Adrian, from what we can see its got the details I am looking for.

Cheers
    Jason

agreed, isnt that the same type of chinstrap that can be seen over the rim of civic helmets? seen them on double decal FP and LS gladiator type? nice lid anyway adrian i would be happy to own it

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I'll take some more pics tomorrow in different light to see if it helps.

I've had it about five+ years now and the price was a very low one (approx £200 with £/$ exchange rates at their most favourable) so the seller hadn't added anything on for a possible double decal. In fact I've never seen a helmet as cheap since - which is why I don't own another!
    I'm hearing ya there! Very nice Lid Ade but the Bird does look a tad dubious,but still very nice.
    Cheers Phill.

?

Nice M40 Adrian I like the patina the only thing I will make a comment on is the application errors on Luftwaffe decal as I spent a fair bit of time researching them and they are quite common as they were the most fragile of decals to apply do to the thin width in many areas ie..The swas,talons, and wing tips which are seen occasionaly bent or are missing wing tips all together.
    Here is a image of my own Q-SD-M40 that has moved on now and is currently in a collection in Russia.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M40 Single Decal.  
    Last edited by Mark K; 08-10-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: fix text

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I'll take some more pics tomorrow in different light to see if it helps.

I've had it about five+ years now and the price was a very low one (approx £200 with £/$ exchange rates at their most favourable) so the seller hadn't added anything on for a possible double decal. In fact I've never seen a helmet as cheap since - which is why I don't own another!
    200 GBP is approximately 250 euros. It's not much but it has a few liabilities hence the price. I'm fairly certain it never was a DD M40 , So far I have not recorded an SE DD M40 LW and literally only a handful Heer M40's from different makers. My guess is that it once had a reproduction tricolor on it.

After looking at the two newer pics of the decal, I think it's a good decal, just well worn out. I agree, it still probably never was a DD.

?

I appreciate everyone's comments.

Here are a few more images of the area where the tricolour may or may not have been.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M40 Single Decal.   Luftwaffe M40 Single Decal.  

Luftwaffe M40 Single Decal.   Luftwaffe M40 Single Decal.  

Luftwaffe M40 Single Decal.   Luftwaffe M40 Single Decal.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

If there was a tri color shield, it was on there for a little while as there is a clear distinction in the patina and paint color.

Nice Luftwaffe helmet, good decals my opinion.
    Morris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast