Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe M40 Tropical Helmet

Article about: Hi everyone. I am looking to purchase this helmet. I'd love to hear what you guys think of this. Two things I want to point out 1. I think the paint is lightly sprayed vehicle paint, but I a

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    It seems like the fakes always overdue this point. For example that DD camo helmet - did they really sit it upside down so much that it wore through 2 layers of paint down to bare metal? Have you guys ever seen that heavy of wear on the top of a non messed with original helmet?
    yes , it is possible that top wear goes to the bare metal of course the helmet all round needs to be in equal condition. And it does not necessarily mean it is from wartime use.
    Also goes for factory painted non-camoed helmets.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M40 Tropical Helmet
    P
    Many

Glad to hear you have passed this one over, sadly it is yet another fake tan cammo that does not come close to the look of a genuine period piece. Leon.

A post war repaint for sure. I suspect the paint on the dome didn't bond with the metal perhaps because a layer of rust, and started lifting or bubbling requiring the radical strip back to disguise the attempt at deception.

Thank you gents!

Ran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2