Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe M42

Article about: Hey guys, this is my first post and i need a litle help please! What are your thoughts on this piece? I can get it for 95€ from an old neighbour here in germany but i´am not sure if original

?

Default Luftwaffe M42

Hey guys,
    this is my first post and i need a litle help please!
    What are your thoughts on this piece?
    I can get it for 95€ from an old neighbour here in germany but i´am not sure if original or not.
    Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe M42   Luftwaffe M42  

Luftwaffe M42   Luftwaffe M42  

Luftwaffe M42   Luftwaffe M42  

Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M42
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe M42

I don't know what it is but I don't like this one. I get a strange vibe, like it's a semi relic shell or a heavily repainted shell. Something strange going on with the decal as well, looks like paint stripped off of it. Liner looks Norwegian. I would not buy it

Jason

I agree, it looks like it was painted black maybe, and then had the paint removed. there is no original patina left at all.

That said, it's cheap. I'm not sure about the liner, it might be Norwegian as Jason said but it could be just other leather treatment, or hair wax etc. When the Norwegians worked on these liners they rarely or never left the original liner cord in place from what I have seen.

I might be tempted to take a punt on it at that price.

I would pass on this.
    To many red flags here.
    chris

I think the liner is right, but treated, as has already been mentioned. The chin strap looks right. The decal is probably okay, but the shell looks like it has been heavily cleaned, and that has damaged the bird. All that having been said, the chinstrap is worth the asking price, so why not? Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    the chinstrap is worth the asking price, so why not? Jim G.
    exactly my thoughts

?

Thank you very much guys for your excellent help!!

Hi, i agree with Jim, i think the liner is ok.
    For me thats halfway. And with an ok chinstrap, thats worth the amount asked.
    Go for it.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

See if you can get the price down some using what the guys told you. That would make it worth the cash.

?

Thank you guys!