Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe no-decal Q64

Article about: Hi all, picked this one up at Farnham militaria fair on Sunday morning. I've been conscious of a 'hole' in the collection (needing a Luftwaffe no-decal to fill it) for a while and saw one on

?

Default Luftwaffe no-decal Q64

Hi all, picked this one up at Farnham militaria fair on Sunday morning. I've been conscious of a 'hole' in the collection (needing a Luftwaffe no-decal to fill it) for quite a while and saw one on Chris Sadler's website (CS Militaria:- CS Militaria )

It has a slight factory rim defect and wanted to have a look in hand to make sure I didn't mind it (I didn't). As I was looking at it Chris (great guy to deal with by the way ) mentioned that it was the Q no-decal in Brian Ice's late-war helmets book. As it happens I have the book and had been obsessing (sad I know ) over this very helmet for a while! Walked away with it rather pleased.

It's a Q64 with Lot number DN 355, which sits pretty much bang on the Aug 43 decal drop area. The leather liner is RB marked and dated 7-43, it is still very supple, probably never oiled. When I can I'll see if I can see a date etc on the band, though it's quite tight.

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe no-decal Q64   Luftwaffe no-decal Q64  

Luftwaffe no-decal Q64   Luftwaffe no-decal Q64  

Luftwaffe no-decal Q64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe no-decal Q64
    P
    Many

?

Default My pics

As well as Chris's pics I took some more when I got home:-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe no-decal Q64   Luftwaffe no-decal Q64  

Nice! I think it is pretty cool to have a helmet that is published! Nice pick up! Jim G.

Very nice addition.

?

It doesn't get any better.

?

Thanks all! It's been a fairly long chase for a Luftwaffe no-decal, finding it was published was an nice bonus.

Best regards, Paul

Nice...unissued? No chinstrap and liner string-doesnt look like there ever was. Only stacking wear and staining to the leather. A fine lid by any standards! Good job picking it up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

That liner is wild.....amazing that it looks so fresh after 70 years. Nice find

A fine pick up Paul, a lovely example. Leon.