Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe SD decal

Article about: Hello guys, I need some help on this decal. I am selling this helmet for another member. The helmet is Quist 66. The helmet comes with certificate from Dave Shirlin. I have a buyer asking qu

?

Default Luftwaffe SD decal

Hello guys,

I need some help on this decal. I am selling this helmet for another member. The helmet is Quist 66. The helmet comes with certificate from Dave Shirlin. I have a buyer asking questions about the leg on the eagle. He finds it suspicious. I can see what he mean. Decal is in pretty good shape, except from the leg. Just a coincidence? Thanks for helping.

Luftwaffe SD decal

Luftwaffe SD decal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe SD decal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Luftwaffe SD decal

Looks like a application error to me which is not an uncommon thing to find. If it came from Dave Shirlin then there is no issues with it at all. Good luck with the sale

Cheers
    Jason

It looks fine.

Based on my one that got the thumbs up a little while back, it's a yes from me too!

Dan

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Looks like a application error to me which is not an uncommon thing to find. If it came from Dave Shirlin then there is no issues with it at all. Good luck with the sale

Cheers
    Jason
    I couldn't have said it any better!

Looks like a good decal. As said, an application error and a ding along the way took off some of the decal, but still a good one. I trust Dave's word that it's an authentic helmet.

?

There was a similar post regarding re-application of Luft decals and the same incidents having occurred, I'm with the others, it happens on occassions

No problems on this one mate, I'd buy it

The way the HK looks it seems the leg possibly broke during application as the swastika was pushed downwards, bending the upper arm of it.

Luft decals must have been the trickiest ones to apply, very fragile because of their shape.

?

Common to see application errors with LW decals in the area of the lower leg and swaz especially, and in my opinion is a nice sign of period application versus the other way round given the evidence supporting application errors.

?

Notice the darker areas below the wings and Swastika yet none above the wings, classic example of a decal slip, where i would assume the leg parted from the Swastika and the lower part of the decal was pushed upwards causing the top arm of the HK to deform

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast