Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382

Article about: Here's another of my Luftwaffe helmets, this one is named to a soldier by the name of Hartstein. One of these days I will count up exactly how many Luftwaffe helmets I have as thats what I s

Default Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382

Here's another of my Luftwaffe helmets, this one is named to a soldier by the name of Hartstein. One of these days I will count up exactly how many Luftwaffe helmets I have as thats what I seem to be posting most of on the forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382   Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382  

Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382   Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382  

Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382

The LW must have had a large contingent there, flak units and airfield security?

Yes they did, I must start counting what I have though.

?

Did you ever think of selling your duplicates? You could expand your great helmet collection into other areas like the very rare and still retain a massive series of Channel Occupation helmets.

Hi DougB,
    No, I am not into selling any of the local helmets I have. I don't have any duplicates..... they are all individual in my eyes like the soldiers who wore them. I know having 3 dozen single decal luft helmets may not make sense to some but having helmets from a 9 x 5 mile Island where they were used is somehow more appealing to me than a helmet that has no connection with its past except for what it actually is. I also collect soldbuch and wehrpass to soldiers who were stationed in the Kanalinseln...Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm and I would love to match up one of these to a helmet..... as yet and after 42 years of collecting I still have not managed it.

That is great.
    chris

?

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Hi DougB,
    No, I am not into selling any of the local helmets I have. I don't have any duplicates..... they are all individual in my eyes like the soldiers who wore them. I know having 3 dozen single decal luft helmets may not make sense to some but having helmets from a 9 x 5 mile Island where they were used is somehow more appealing to me than a helmet that has no connection with its past except for what it actually is. I also collect soldbuch and wehrpass to soldiers who were stationed in the Kanalinseln...Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm and I would love to match up one of these to a helmet..... as yet and after 42 years of collecting I still have not managed it.
    I perfectly understand where your coming from. With all the channel island helmets you have I am sure your odds of finding a matching Soldbuch are good.

Quote by DougB View Post
    The Luftwaffe must have had a large contingent there, flak units and airfield security?
    The Luftwaffe were the first to set foot on the islands I believe , is that right D ?

Sorry, very off topic, I can recommend a good book for all you guys, if you want to learn more about the occupation of the Channel Islands

The Model Occupation

The Channel Islands Under German Rule, 1940-1945 Madeleine Bunting

Heres the book cover, and a picture of me ( bit fatter then haha ) trying to re-create some foot steps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382   Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382  

Attached Images Attached Images Luftwaffe single decal M.40 ET64 1382 

Yes the Luftwaffe captured the islands for the Fuhrer. A single plane landed at Jersey Airport and Leutnant Kern climbed out with his pistol drawn and whilst being covered by the aircrafts machine guns he approached the Airport building to be met by a Policeman who told him the Island was demilitarised. Kern single handedly captured the Island leading us into 5 years of German Occupation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast