Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Luftwaffe unusual decal????

Article about: yes....gotd....we always pay heeps more for stuff in AUS.....thanks for your imput....oh what do you collect in regards to militaria?...

?

Default Re: Luftwaffe unusual decal????

The helmet falls with a loud thud...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe unusual decal????
    P
    Many

Yes......garbage for sure!

Rob

Quote by aussielad View Post
    description says this.....
    RARE RARE HELMET, The helmet is a snow camo , double decal with one decal being that of the Bulgarian red cross unit working with the German Luftwaffe,
    There is very limited reference to this decal, when this helmet came to Australia many years ago, no-one had seen the decal before & there was no one around faking the decals because very few people in the world knew they existed,, so that puts the idea of the decal being a fake straight out of the equation,
    Helmet is in lovely condition as the images show,
    Liner & chin strap are in nice condition, chin strap maker marked & also has another unknown stamp on it,Paint work is still very good, at least 70 %

I think its a fake, the reason being he put in his description that "no-one had seen the decal before & there was no one around faking the decals because very few people in the world knew they existed,, so that puts the idea of the decal being a fake straight out of the equation"..I think hes feeling GUILTY of doing whats hes doing and telling the world sub-contiously hes done something to alter it in some way..
    People have a BAD habit of doing that, they dont realize there doing it, and it "justifies" it in their book..
    If a LEGIT person were to sell it, he would not put that in their description..

FOOD FOR THOUGHT EVERYONE!!!

Plus on top of that the swastika and shield seems WAY too perfect to be painted in the "field".. If I do recall the "field Paint" was in a hastily manor..
    This seems as if the person had too much time on their hands..

?

>>no-one had seen the decal before & there was no one around faking the decals because very few people in the world knew they existed,, so that puts the idea of the decal being a fake straight out of the equation<<

Twisted logic if I ever heard it.

I think I would pass on this one ., Andy

THANKYOU....john,dave,gotd,francis,helmet2,militar ymania etc....well i had to get opinions from guys who know....seems if you want the real genuine artical you have to know whos who and who isnt these days or have an open BANK ACCOUNT and pay $$$$$ to be sure.....only place i look at these days is THE COLLECTORS GUILD ...but even then i wouldnt be sure....experience in this hobby is worth more than anything...thnakyou so much for your time and responses.....much kindness and appreciation...

?

Peter at the Guild is good people, stands behind what he sells and does his homework before posting items for sale. He has some good stuff there.

so was this helmet advertised for purchase on "the Guild?"....

.....no no it isnt the Guild....i like the guild,nice stuff and because its genuine you pay a bit more...il pm you the dealer as im not really into politics regarding people...im just after a fair and honest deal....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3