Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?

Article about: Very true, we all want a bargain but at the same time, where there is a possible red flag and a cheap price you have to question it.

Default Re: Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?

Very true, we all want a bargain but at the same time, where there is a possible red flag and a cheap price you have to question it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffen helmet FAKE OR ORIGINAL?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Gibello View Post
    As I said, the price is an auction site and the price is not decideel seller.
    If instead of 286 Eur had told them it cost Eur 1000 would be more original?
    I like the comments that have been explaining why they believe the article is false, or do not like me based on the price.
    The vendor has this page:
    Staegemeir GmbH
    Gibello, the same opinions would apply if the price was Eur 1k or more, the details of the helmet are that there are serious questions as to authenticity,re the liner and decal and paint scheme, as stated if everything was original and in the same condition as the one shown then you would be expected to pay a very high price and there is no question about not liking you because of price we dont want you to get caught with a bad deal

That brown camo paint looks way too fresh!

?

Would it be possible to remove the brown splotches w/o harming the paint or decal? I think it would look better as well as reveal the mysterious decal.

The decal is almost certainly fake, the liner is bad. If it was I who was considering this one I would save my money and put it towards an untouched original piece. Jim G.

?

Pablo , theres no certain way to remove the paint without the risk of damaging the other paintwork , its just not worth all the hassle unless you want to restore the whole helmet, all paintwork, liner and possibly the decal, but it would cost a a fair bit of money to replace the liner with an original

Then the whole town is a fake? dark blue paint, too?

?

Unknown, perhaps its the true colour or not but trying to get rid of the camo will cause damage to the other paint , i think you have to accept that this helmet has been messed with and put this down to experience

Quote by Gibello View Post
    Then the whole town is a fake? dark blue paint, too?
    The blue paint looks original to me. You just have the opinions of quite a few people on this board that the liner has been added along with the camo paint and the decal is probably a fake. In the world of buying german helmets authenticity is everything. You have a helmet here that most collectors who deal in german helmets would simply pass on. Its value will not hold up to what your going to end up paying for it. More importantly to me is putting that on the display shelf and thinking every time you see it that its not fully original.

I have not made ​​payment of the article, I am waiting for your comments to buy or move from the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2