Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lw dd m35

Article about: Hello guys, Need your opinion abouth that helmet.. Thanks in ahead

Default Lw dd m35

Hello guys,

Need your opinion abouth that helmet..

Thanks in ahead

Lw dd m35Lw dd m35Lw dd m35

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Lw dd m35
    P
    Many

Bad decal on a repainted relic helmet
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

look at the holes of rust...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Liner photos? NH

As a "stinker" goes this is a real big cheese. !! Leave it well alone, a crappy decal of the poorest order. Leon.

The sanding marks that go under the decal impressed me the most.... Fail#1. Then they went to the trouble of distressing the eagle where the rust pits were ( with a scalpel probably ) and bodged that..... Fail#2.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    The sanding marks that go under the decal impressed me the most.... Fail#1. Then they went to the trouble of distressing the eagle where the rust pits were ( with a scalpel probably ) and bodged that..... Fail#2.
    Yep, it's nasty alright for all the reasons already given but what really worries me is that this is a clear attempt to deceive.

If it were a restoration the rust pits would have been resolved, the helmet would be properly re-painted and a museum standard repro decal used. That would still be non-original but an honest restoration. Most collectors would still disapprove though.

This has been treated in such a way (albeit to a poor standard) as to replicate the passage of time and patina build up AFTER it's service life. This is not honest and is meant to "make a silk purse out of a sows ear".

It's a good thing that whoever did this is on the clumsy side of talentless!

Do not buy it even if it is super-cheap.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."