Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

LW parade helmet please accept comments

Article about: Hello few years ago i bought this LW DD parade helmet. It's made in aluminium , blue paint , as you can see it is from a civil defense style helmet modified , infact are visibles the vent ho

Default LW parade helmet please accept comments

Hello
    few years ago i bought this LW DD parade helmet.
    It's made in aluminium , blue paint , as you can see it is from a civil defense style helmet modified , infact are visibles the vent holes 7 points not open but it has two single vent holes.
    The maker is EREL.
    Some friends said to me that is a copy , not an original war time helmet but anyone can say why.......
    Any of you have seen one of these before ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LW parade helmet please accept comments   LW parade helmet please accept comments  

LW parade helmet please accept comments   LW parade helmet please accept comments  

LW parade helmet please accept comments   LW parade helmet please accept comments  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW parade helmet please accept comments
    P
    Many

I am afraid you are not going to be happy with the evaluation. Please take straight on shots of the decals, but from what I see both the bird and the tri color are bad. This is really academic, however, because the shell, which may, itself, be of post War manufacture, was most certainly modified post War to deceive. The paint is bad. The Erel decal on the dome is fake. It is a top to bottom recreation. Sorry. Jim G.

many thanks for your reply.....
    what i wish to know was maybe from kind of producer it came out....germany, czech....england manufacter.....era....19560/70/80 .....
    many thanks....
    aldo

it was made in west germany for the government contract. someone then got it from a surplus store and made into what you have. it is an attempt to make a fake helmet for profit.

As far as i know the Robert Lubstein parade helmets where vulcanised fibreglass and the liner had a silver diamond shape with EREL in that. And the dome "sticker" looks different then this one? This was the post war sticker if i am correct because i have 2 post war fire helmets of fibre glass and 1 has that sticker in the dome. The other earlier version looks very much like the original parade helmets but is black and no EREL in it. SO this one looks fake to me even whit out looking at the decals. Feel free to correct me, but that is how i look at helmets.