Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LW with rubber band

Article about: Hi, LW m40 helm with rubber band. It is absolutly all original, as it was found so. It is only cleaned... I think it was also made as camo...what you think... Regards

Default LW with rubber band

Hi,
    LW m40 helm with rubber band. It is absolutly all original, as it was found so.
    It is only cleaned... I think it was also made as camo...what you think...
    Regards

LW with rubber bandLW with rubber bandLW with rubber bandLW with rubber bandLW with rubber bandLW with rubber band

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LW with rubber band
    P
    Many

I know that no one has responded to this. I am not a collector of relics so I can't say as to the condition. However why is the liner so dark but the chin strap retains it's original color would be my question?

It must be some different leather...as helmet was long time in the water

Not a camo but a repaint, i'm surprised the rubber as lasted so well!...

?

Focus on rubber band please.

Helm was in the water for a several decades, if is repaint, it is midwar job. Rubber band was on it when was found..obvious signs of the belt on helm. Yes belt is in very good condition, but it looks water preserve it good enough.

Well that's basically in relic condition, but the way the green paint is peeling off with gray paint underneath, could suggest that it was a camo at one stage. (But it's one hell of an ugly helmet).

Well I have to be honest and say that I did not reply to this post before anyone had. My main reason was the "leading" "this is absolutely all original" quote. I really cannot be bothered to argue with anyone who already knows all the answers! How the hell can the rubber band be original from a lake find as it is as flexible as the day it was made (the good finger pulling shot demonstrates that)! I know oil rubber is durable but a gas mask in a loft for 70 years is screwed, let alone this treatment! . The paintwork does not look that great to me either, the way it peels looks more like emulsion than a lead based period application (lead is metal, it adherer's and flakes). Leon.

I realy respect your opinion. Tha helmet was found in the mud in the lake with more of them and equipement, etc. Therefore I am convonst in originality. Or it was band well preserved due of the mud or spmethink..Of course it is restored now. Allower, for that item I can say it is OK. All such a verzios with colours, bands, ...were made or oficialy or on the terain, therefore more difficoult to be shore what is ok and what not...this one I saw it come out, so I know it's good. It up to everyone to have own opinon..
    Regarda to all...

Fair enough my friend, if you were there when it was pulled from the lake, who am I to argue. Just look after that rubber, especially as it will not take kindly to being exposed to the air for the first time in 70 years! Leon ,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast