Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M-16 DD helmet

Article about: Hello gentlemen, This is way out of my focus, I have been offered this M16 helmet with Heer decals. What are you opinions of this one? Thanks in advance... Anzel

?

Default M-16 DD helmet

Hello gentlemen,
    This is way out of my focus, I have been offered this M16 helmet with Heer decals. What are you opinions of this one? Thanks in advance...
    Anzel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-16 DD helmet   M-16 DD helmet  

M-16 DD helmet   M-16 DD helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-16 DD helmet
    P
    Many

Great M27 liner!

I do not have enough knowledge of the decals, but the helmet looks great, specially the M27 liner!

Cheers,
    Emile

If the price is right I would jump on it. It looks to be an inter-war produced M18 style droopbill helmet, with an M27 liner as Emile says. From the poor pics the decals look fine, and brushed paint is fine for the period it relates to. how much is being asked for it if you don't mind my asking?

?

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Great M27 liner!

I do not have enough knowledge of the decals, but the helmet looks great, specially the M27 liner!

Cheers,
    Emile
    So this is a M27?

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    If the price is right I would jump on it. It looks to be an inter-war produced M18 style droopbill helmet, with an M27 liner as Emile says. From the poor pics the decals look fine, and brushed paint is fine for the period it relates to. how much is being asked for it if you don't mind my asking?
    The asking is $900. What do you think it should be?

The liner is called M27. This helmet is a M18.

M16's and M17's have a chinstrap rivet in the skirt.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    The liner is called M27. This helmet is a M18.

M16's and M17's have a chinstrap rivet in the skirt.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Thanks for the quick education.

$900 isn't a terrible price for what you get IMO, not cheap but not that overpriced either even though the condition isn't the best. It has a lot going for it like the unusual shell type and M27 liner which is not that common. It dates from the very early Wehrmacht period before the M31 liner was widespread, and some time before the M35 helmet became available. A dealer might ask a lot more. I'd insist on better pics of the decals to be safe.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    $900 isn't a terrible price for what you get IMO, not cheap but not that overpriced either even though the condition isn't the best. It has a lot going for it like the unusual shell type and M27 liner which is not that common. It dates from the very early Wehrmacht period before the M31 liner was widespread, and some time before the M35 helmet became available. A dealer might ask a lot more. I'd insist on better pics of the decals to be safe.
    Ok I will request additional photos. Thanks for your help. Any concerns at all with it? What would a dealer ask for a price?

Lack of chinstrap is the only thing I can think of to question, I can't remember how the M27 worked with chinstraps. I have never had a helmet with that kind of liner. Dealer price would depend on dealer, a bit north of a grand though I'm sure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast