MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M-16 DD helmet

Article about: Hello gentlemen, This is way out of my focus, I have been offered this M16 helmet with Heer decals. What are you opinions of this one? Thanks in advance... Anzel

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Lack of chinstrap is the only thing I can think of to question, I can't remember how the M27 worked with chinstraps. I have never had a helmet with that kind of liner. Dealer price would depend on dealer, a bit north of a grand though I'm sure.
    Thanks for all the information KradSpam!

Emile, what is your thought on chinstrap ect?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-16 DD helmet
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

This looks like a nice helmet and a fairly rare variation. I have one exactly like it and the chinstrap is riveted to the liner band, one rivet on each side. It is a fairly unusual strap with 2 sliding buckles and a loop.

I don't think $900 is a bad price. Not a steal, but not bad. A really good price in fact if only it had the chinstrap too.

Cheers,
    Terry

?

Quote by M38 View Post
    This looks like a nice helmet and a fairly rare variation. I have one exactly like it and the chinstrap is riveted to the liner band, one rivet on each side. It is a fairly unusual strap with 2 sliding buckles and a loop.

I don't think $900 is a bad price. Not a steal, but not bad. A really good price in fact if only it had the chinstrap too.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Terry ,
    Would you be willing to post yours for comparison?

Best,
    Anzel

I just noticed the inside crown of this helmet looks to be painted black, and it is noticeable in other areas too, is that right? That could point to possible use by the SS before the Heer. I'm not sure what the fire service and police were wearing in the very early years (pre M34 helmet), so it could be from that. Worth noting at least I thought. Thoughts on that anyone?

Offer a few hundred less and see where that takes you. For $900 I'm not turned off. It's an interesting helmet.

The helmet looks good to me .it does look to be a droop bill.
    droop bill helmets with dd are rare.
    For 900$ it would already be in my collection.
    If you do not take it I will.
    chris

?

Close ups of decals. What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-16 DD helmet   M-16 DD helmet  

M-16 DD helmet   M-16 DD helmet  

M-16 DD helmet   M-16 DD helmet  

Decals are correct. Jim G.

No problem,good luck.
    chris

?

It's mine now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast