Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M-1935 With Soldier ID book

Article about: I just posted this in my catch-up Weekend finds and I have not posted any of my recent German helmets- time to start This was a great find, I drove up to a newly found antiques store to look

Default M-1935 With Soldier ID book

I just posted this in my catch-up Weekend finds and I have not posted any of my recent German helmets- time to start

This was a great find, I drove up to a newly found antiques store to look over a US WWII helmet listed for sale- turned out to be a Vietnam lid........but upon asking if they had any other helmets for sale he said no then reversed it and said he had this German helmet for sale.........yes!!!

It's a early M-35 helmet Heer (sans the decal) as it seems by the serifs in the heat stamp lettering (but if it's a late war reissue there would most likely be no decals added), it also has brass helmet pins (wish it still had the liner & chinstrap ). But the helmet came with the soldiers ID book, it was from the client of the estate that they were selling the items for- so either the veteran brought back these from the same prisoner, or he just picked up bits and pieces along the way- either way I bought the both as a set and for a real good price. I know that the story that comes with a piece is always suspect- the details speak for themselves.

I did notice a name scratched into the helmet, different than the ID book.

**I have to get an original liner/chin strap for this little gem now!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1935 With Soldier ID book   M-1935 With Soldier ID book  

M-1935 With Soldier ID book   M-1935 With Soldier ID book  

M-1935 With Soldier ID book  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-1935 With Soldier ID book
    P
    Many

Default Re: M-1935 With Soldier ID book

Salty but it looks honest. The serif font does not denote branch, just a quirk of EF. Early ET helmets used a similar font.

It could be a reissue or the decals could have been removed by the soldier. Better pics would help determine. It looks like worn factory finish to me at the moment.

Default Re: M-1935 With Soldier ID book

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Salty but it looks honest. The serif font does not denote branch, just a quirk of EF. Early ET helmets used a similar font.

It could be a reissue or the decals could have been removed by the soldier. Better pics would help determine. It looks like worn factory finish to me at the moment.
    I went with Heer as it was in the lot associated with the ID book, the soldier was in the Wehrmacht. But if maker mark denoted branch- that be a easy way to class painted over helmets- ha!

I'll try for better pictures later on this evening- thanks