Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M-34 SD Deutsches Rotes Kreuz

Article about: Thanks Steve it will make a good display piece I think I will leave it as it is and one day with any luck I can replace it with the real deal. Regards Mark K

?

Default M-34 SD Deutsches Rotes Kreuz

I went to the flea market today and I came across what I think is a M-34 DRK helmet I pretend to be no expert on german helmets and or decals but the helmet looked in ok well worn condition and the liner seemed consistant with the helmet and the split pins looked tight and unmessed with. I did remember reading a few articles here on the forum on the DRK round bottom decals but for the life of me I could not remember all the details. So I took a chance and I purchased it so now I guess its time to see how I did. if you gents would not mind looking at the helmet and decal for me and giving me your opinions I would appreciate it .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-34 SD Deutsches Rotes Kreuz   M-34 SD Deutsches Rotes Kreuz  

M-34 SD Deutsches Rotes Kreuz   M-34 SD Deutsches Rotes Kreuz  

M-34 SD Deutsches Rotes Kreuz  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-34 SD Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
    P
    Many

Default Re: M-34 SD Deutsches Rotes Kreuz

I like the shell, liner and paint. Personally don't think any "round bottom" DRK decals are period, and I am fairly certain that this one, which is graphically different than other "round bottoms", is a repro. Depending on the price, I probably would have bought this one anyway, as I like this style M34 shell. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 02-06-2012 at 02:51 PM.

?

Don't know about the decal's originality, but I love the helmet either way. Great find, if the price wasn't too bad.

Nitram

?

Morning gents thanks for the imput on the helmet I like this style of M34 as well as to the Decal I have read a few posts on the forum discussing the differences between round bottom decal compared to the ones that are more pointed some collectors feel they are period and some do not ? As to cost I paid $100.00CDN for the helmet that is the chance you take buying one from the flea market it is like a crap shoot there is no time to post it for opinions.

Regards Mark K

?

I think it was a good buy for 100 CAD.

Nitram

I also do not like the decal.
    I am with Jim on this one.
    chris

Fireman's helmet with a fake DRK decal imo.

?

Decal appears to be applied over a scratch on the bottom left, also not a fan of the decal but agree w/Jim, a nice style M34.

?

I guess it is what it is and I now have an M-34 in my collection and for what I paid for the helmet I dont think I got beat up to bad thanks to all who replied I do appreciate it .Doug the scratch stops right at the edge of the decal .

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 02-07-2012 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Add info

- I probably would have bought it for $100 too.
    Just leave it as it is.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast