Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?

Article about: I purchased this M34 Fire/Police Helmet years ago and never thought to really give it a good look over. Started to research this helmet and its history. Came across some differences with thi

Default M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?

I purchased this M34 Fire/Police Helmet years ago and never thought to really give it a good look over. Started to research this helmet and its history. Came across some differences with this helmet. First one is the WW1 helmet liner instead of the M31 helmet liner. The shape of the helmet is vey different in appearance than other M34helmets I've seen on the internet. Last the heat stamp is a very deep stating "stahl". Theres a stamp above it stamped lightly and appears to say "foel-". I did find a name that I never noticed until light had reflected off that part of the helmet. The name is very faint and I beleive it reads OTTO FREN HURST. I ran across a couple of articles talking about how some of the M34s were commercially manufactured in the mid 30's. Even read one talking about M1918 transitional helmets. What the hell is this thing? Transitional, commercial, or repro? Let me know what honestl think. I'll soon be listing my collection of German WW2 items in the future.
    M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M-34 with WW1 liner? Has anyone seen such a thing?

EDIT - Welcome to the forums

German-Helmets.com

Looks like a normal liner to me. As noted in the article, they were made of leather, canvas , cloth or plastic coated cloth. I think this one is canvas.

Nitram

Good helmet.
    the maker mark is edel-stahl.
    There is more than one model of M34 helmets.
    the liner is good also.
    chris

+1 to my colleagues.

?

I think you have a "Duck bill" M34

Quote by davejb View Post
    I think you have a "Duck bill" M34
    You are correct Dave.

chris

?

I just got a very shiny black M35 with a single police decal. It has an interesting liner, too: a thick leather band to which the 3 thick leather flaps are sewn (non-M31). It has a very thin leather chinstrap. I think the left rim is stamped ET66. Another strange characteristic is that it looks like some numbers stamped into the rear rim have been overstamped with a 92. I think that the Germans simply made due for fire/police helmets with whatever was at hand.

Quote by Jack View Post
    I just got a very shiny black M35 with a single police decal. It has an interesting liner, too: a thick leather band to which the 3 thick leather flaps are sewn (non-M31). It has a very thin leather chinstrap. I think the left rim is stamped ET66. Another strange characteristic is that it looks like some numbers stamped into the rear rim have been overstamped with a 92. I think that the Germans simply made due for fire/police helmets with whatever was at hand.
    Got any pictures of it?
    chris

?

I just got an email asking for photos. (I have no idea why it isn't on the thread.) Sorry but one day I must ask my wife for a tutorial on taking close-up focused shots of some of my lids. I realize that a picture says a thousand words.