Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M-35 helmet,need help

Article about: It looks like a real pig skin liner with a shortened chin strap. The liner string obviously isn't original, but no big deal for the price of the piece. From the photos it looks as if the spl

Default Re: M-35 helmet,need help

It looks like a real pig skin liner with a shortened chin strap. The liner string obviously isn't original, but no big deal for the price of the piece. From the photos it looks as if the split pins are tight, but you will have to make that determination when you have the piece in hand and can check to see if the split pins have the washers and whether there is evidence that they have been re-bent, but from what I can see it does not look as if the liner has been out of the piece. (Even if it has, the price is fair, and the helmet should display well despite the battle damage.) I like it as a starter piece. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-35 helmet,need help
    P
    Many

Okey, yeah i will notice that when i buy it. The liner looks almost new, thats why I was alittle suspicious. The helmet is for sale on an auction-site, which means i can't feel it with my own hands before i buy it! But I got a good feeling about it. I just have to wait 10 days before the auction ends...
    (Will upload more pic's when i get them)

/Farradin

Liner looks out of place in that battle damaged and worn helmet. Without better pictures I'd say it's just that.
    I would save my 500 euros and spend 750-900 euros on a decent untouched Heer helmet.

I always wonder why you guys buy on auction sites. It's most of time filled with rubbish like ebay and the pictures most of the time too crappy to make a decent assessment. It's like a lottery ticket , most of the time it just goes into the bin.
    Bargains on auction sites , I don't think so.

I have only ever bought one helmet from eBay when I didn't know anything about collecting. A relic M35 Lufty with partial decals. It still has lot number and makers mark. I got lucky. Its a good one and it was cheap.However, I wouldn't buy from an auction site again knowing what I know now. Saving your money for something worthy is the best way to start to build a decent collection in my opinion.

Yeah you're right. But I think this is a good buy. And it's a good price. 500-550€ is about what I want to give for a helmet now. Im 19 years old, so I can't spend more money on a helmet . Do you guys think that i would make a mistake if i buy this one?

By the way, some more pictures. Obviously he/she has a bad camera.
    /Farradin

Quote by Farradin View Post
    Do you guys think that i would make a mistake if i buy this one?

By the way, some more pictures. Obviously he/she has a bad camera.
    /Farradin
    The shell is good (bent out of shape though) but if the liner doesn't belong to the helmet it's a messed with piece and that seriously kills the price. Most collectors would pass , not value for money in my opinion.

The question is do you want an untouched helmet for 500 euros or just any lid for 500 euros ? Collecting is about having patience , continue saving until you find that one good piece that is worth buying. Not only do they keep their worth , resell easier but if you keep them long enough they increase in value.

Hi schwepunkt. Of course I rather want an "untouched" helmet. But If the liner is from the ww2-era but not original to the helmet, I don't mind that much. But as you said, it's easier to sell an untouched helmet rather that a helmet that have been "fixed" with.

But isn't it hard to find a untouched in that price range??

Edit.

But I think we're thinking different. Im kinda excited to get a helmet now. I guess you have alot of helmets (?) and seen alot of them. Guess that you dont get that excited as I am when you see a helmet? haha
    Last edited by Farradin; 05-19-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Quote by Farradin View Post

But I think we're thinking different. Im kinda excited to get a helmet now. I guess you have alot of helmets (?) and seen alot of them. Guess that you get not that excited as I am when you see a helmet that looks good?
    Oh I still get excited , I started with cheaper helmets too but that was 1997 without the advantage of internet.
    You collected alone back then with no assistance from anyone.
    I don't have a single helmet anymore from that period. Resold them and bought ones in better shape.
    Last edited by Schwerpunkt; 05-19-2010 at 07:46 PM.

The battle damage is a bit more extensive than was revealed in the first photos that the seller made available to you. I would pass on this one. There are very decent no decal helmets, and fairly decent sd Luft helmets around for the price range that you have in mind. Heer and Police helmets will be more, KM even more, and of course SS helmets much much more, but I would keep looking if I were you rather than settle for junker in you haste to begin the collection. In the long run, you will be happy that you did. Good luck and good hunting. Jim G.

Bad helmet
    You bealive, that 500 euro price of this helmet?????
    This helmet have price 500 euro!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-35 helmet,need help   M-35 helmet,need help  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast