Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M-35 Luftwaffe camo

Article about: Walk away.....

Jan
    ?

Well, at least the camo paint has been removed to show it, interestingly the same seems to have been done on the other side of the helmet (but not revealing a decal). If that´s made to fool the buyer or not I would not know but I just noticed this and wanted to comment

Best,

Jan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-35 Luftwaffe camo
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Well I´m no expert on camo paint but it looks a bit too good to be true to my eye. Then again pictures are never good enough to tell the whole story... I would expect the age to show off more if it was original. This isn´t an easy one.

Best,

Jan

Thaddeus, camo helmets are a very difficult thing to judge from just pictures, I think that is why more people have not replied. The helmet looks good BUT the decal showing in just the right spot will make people have concerns it's paranoia is what it is. Members here think of it as if it were their money they are spending on the helmet. My concern is the helmet I saw on ebay has the decal showing in the same place as the one you want to buy and is also in Italy. Not saying it is not a real camo. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Jan
    ?

Exactly tank destroyer and to be honest then, paranoia or not , all I can say is that this is just not a helmet I would buy for thousands of euros.

Best,

Jan

For 200 euros it is worth a shot, even just for the value of the parts. A good liner is worth nearly that much.

I would insist that he gets in touch with the owner though, and get you some good pictures of the complete liner at least. It wouldn't hurt to have him take a picture of it on today's newspaper to prove the whole affair is legit also.

Thank you all for your opinions Gents! I am going to take a leap of faith with this one. For 200 Euros.... If it plays out then I lucked out. If not..... at least I will have a good display piece for a time.... and will probably sell it as a repro eventually.... I had a photo of the interior and the liner looked good to me. Not artificially stained. And the beauty of it is.... I am not getting it shipped. I told the seller I will come and make a trip to pick it up so I don't get scammed! Once again thanks for the opinions!
    Thaddeus

200 Euros is a great price...So what if it isn't perfect. It's a good M35 Shell with liner, and you'll be hard-pressed to find another in the US at that price...It will display well and you'll easily make a profit when/if you choose to resell it later...
    Jump on it, that's my advice...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn! I appreciate your time!!!
    Thaddeus

I am pretty sure this is a scam. The guy wants me to get it sent in the mail rather than have me come and get it. If that is the case I will let you all know and give you his email and contact info so that we know not to ever try to deal with him. I hate these A-holes haha

Quote by Thaddeus View Post
    I am pretty sure this is a scam. The guy wants me to get it sent in the mail rather than have me come and get it. If that is the case I will let you all know and give you his email and contact info so that we know not to ever try to deal with him. I hate these A-holes haha
    Hi Thaddeus , that sounds like a turn for the worse , if he refuses to let you see it in hand and pick it up tell him to swivel! $200 bucks is a fantastic price for a possible cammo M35 , but it is a terrible price for zilch if he does not send it!! Leon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast