Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M-35? Take a look at this one ...

Article about: I buddy of mine has this helmet. He seems to think it is an m35 model. It is painted black, has liner, no decals. Has a rolled rim. What do you guys think of it? What should I offer him? Any

?

Default M-35? Take a look at this one ...

I buddy of mine has this helmet. He seems to think it is an m35 model. It is painted black, has liner, no decals.
    Has a rolled rim.

What do you guys think of it? What should I offer him?
    Any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-35?  Take a look at this one ...   M-35?  Take a look at this one ...  

M-35?  Take a look at this one ...   M-35?  Take a look at this one ...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-35?  Take a look at this one ...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M-35? Take a look at this one ...

Hi
    It is a bit difficult to tell from the pictures if it is a M35 or M40 model helmet, but if the vent holes has rivets it is an M35 and if dossen´t it is a M40

Anyway it looks like it has been postwar painted for postwar use with a postwar liner and chinstrap

I think the value would be around 100 - 150$ IMO

Cheers
    Lars

That liner does not look period to me. Too many "tongues"....and that liner "string" is totally incorrect. I'm surprised that there is not shell maker above the lot #. Given it's an M40 (not an M35) the stampings should be clear/clean. I know the late war M42's had weak stampings but I didn't think the '40 dated lids did. Any other markings on the shell that you can see?

Rob

?

Any idea what year it was possibly made?

If it's a legit shell (it should have ET or Q or NS or EF stamped under the skirt)...it would have been made from 1940 to 1942. If it's a Q shell, then it could have been produced from '40 well into '45 as that maker continued to make these kinds of helmets (they made very few M42 lids).

Rob

I think this one is definately an M40 pattern.
    It look's to me like an original Helmet stripped of paint and original liner then relined and repainted black for Firebrigade service postwar.I have had a couple of them that i have stripped and had some success finding the original paint underneath.Look all around the skirt and see what marking's you can find.If it is a Q with shell size (62,64,66 etc) then it's postwar if there is no batch number on the rear flare. They were said to be made for Police unit's and sell for around $85.
    Good luck with it

Sorry,
    I see it does have a batch number so you have yourself an original shell.There will be a maker letter/s and shell size under the flare near where it step's down at the front on the left hand side of Helmet on the inside.As it's been repainted you may have to polish or sand the paint down a bit to see it but be gentle.Paint look's thick so you may have a winner there and original paint could be underneath.Maybe even a decal under air vent if you can see an outline under paint.If so,depending on percentage and type of decal, the value could be as high as $500 or much more for SS
    Tom