Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M-40 german helmet,no liner,,gi chinstrap bales added

Article about: LIGHT OLIVE GREEN COLOR SHOWS SOME WEAR,,HAS HAD GI-STYLE CHINSTRAP BALES ADDED TO INTERIOR,.PERHAPS USED BY THE BUNDESWEHR POST-WW II,,,AT ONE TIME SOMEONE HAS GLUED A PAD/LINER INTO HELMET

Default Re: M-40 german helmet,no liner,,gi chinstrap bales added

I saw this kind of helmet in use by the Afghan military during a parade, in a documentary on Youtube.
    SOVIET AFGHAN WAR DOCUMENTARY Part 1/5 at 2m36sec.

Regards,
    Steven

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-40 german helmet,no liner,,gi chinstrap bales added
    P
    Many

Dean, you might be right about the Finnish helmets having rivet holes. All I know is that Finland ordered and received post war helmets from Germany. Most likely then the variant with the rivet holes.

I wonder whether the helmet shown has a maker mark in the rear skirt? It could read: LS for Linnemann & Schnetzer, a post war manufacturer who was very active in helmet production: M35 variants and M1 clones.

Cheers,
    Emile

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm still waiting for a reply from the vendor Militarymania or Boxcarbob on this item, your reticence to reply is noted, and not for the first time either.

Could you offer a reason or explanation why you considered this hemet an M40 in the first place. Obviously it is not, and the price you have advertised is rather excessive for something that is not, however ambiguosly you have described it, what you have said it is.

Once again, I would value your reply on this matter.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Moved this thread to the helmet forum as it is being disscussed.....

BGS M53 shell - looks like the dome attachment for the new style liner has been removed - chinstrap bales are stock standard M53.
    See here ALEMÁN 35

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2