Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M-42 chicken wire, Heer single decal. Thoughts?

Article about: Hey guys promise I will stop bugging you one day thoughts on this guy? Thanks!

Quote by slados28 View Post
    That seller is an obvious con artist --- find yourself another source, this is not the first time that horrible fakes from this particular seller has been posted for review on here and they are all shoddy textbook fakes with their fake aged liners, sanded repro decals and "dusty" relic appearance.... a huge waste of time. Double decal SS and wire camos should not be the first types you look into when starting a collection imo. It's obvious that you're fumbling around in the dark here, as would I if I had just started collecting and decided to look at these more complicated/advanced types of helmets --- and, to make matters worse, (if I am not entirely mistaken) on ebay at that... not a good place to start.
    Thank you for the message. Got a lot to learn.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-42 chicken wire, Heer single decal. Thoughts?
    P
    Many

Good dealers or through collectors such as on here is a safe place to start --- depending on your budget you might be well off going the relatively safer single decal Heer or Luftwaffe or even no-decal route... up to you of course, there's even a lot of nice civic helmets --- which would be the most "budget" oriented but still very collectible helmets. Lots to choose from out there. Good luck!

go to the link below and see post #2 for a good list of reputable dealers

want to buy my first helmet advice on dealers

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Good dealers or through collectors such as on here is a safe place to start --- depending on your budget you might be well off going the relatively safer single decal Heer or Luftwaffe or even no-decal route... up to you of course, there's even a lot of nice civic helmets --- which would be the most "budget" oriented but still very collectible helmets. Lots to choose from out there. Good luck!

go to the link below and see post #2 for a good list of reputable dealers

Thanks for the link!
    want to buy my first helmet advice on dealers
    Thanks for the link!

?

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Just being polite for people putting up with my Novice. Haha
    Not to worry. I am just more than curious to hear about the themed "remake" (i.e. fake) in the Baer book, Baer who has handled thousands of actual real helmets including source documents and not bad pictures of helmets which is what it seems good ole' Hoss/Eric collects, along with Q-tips and model paint.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Not to worry. I am just more than curious to hear about the themed "remake" (i.e. fake) in the Baer book, Baer who has handled thousands of actual real helmets including source documents and not bad pictures of helmets which is what it seems good ole' Hoss/Eric collects, along with Q-tips and model paint.

Thanks for the links.

If this is Ebay seller SSOVETSK then walk on. He mixes good with bad all the time and this "dusted" style of helmet seems to be his calling card......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    If this is Ebay seller SSOVETSK then walk on. He mixes good with bad all the time and this "dusted" style of helmet seems to be his calling card......
    No "Rzmcenter" .

?

Sorry about Baer reference, comments should be addressed over the posted helmet, I slipped thinking of another book.

Eric

?

Quote by Hoss View Post
    Sorry about Baer reference, comments should be addressed over the posted helmet, I slipped thinking of another book.

Eric
    Maybe you should you know....think... before you write.

Had I not called you out on your comment members here would be left with this "shown in L.Baer which is also remake" spoken with definition which implies that you had, yet again, some insider secret knowledge and were speaking about in guarded ghostly terms leaving readers puzzled and wondering, thus damaging the reputation of the author and the hobby itself.

In fact, your drive by, inane, unreadable, illegible posts do more harm to this hobby Eric than fakers can do as you speak with some worldly authority on the subject with secretive Qtip knowledge yet you freely admit you dont buy or even collect helmets and only own a few, and refuse to post what you do have. So what the hell are you even doing giving your opinion on something you admittedly do not even collect?

New collectors and those with less experience who actually collect these things read what you write and get led down the garden path by your mistakes, errors of judgement, ignorance, lack of clarity and your "theories" involving Qtips and model paint.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast