Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

m 42 with rim and sauerland decal

Article about: Hello friends 20 years ago i become from a Farmer in the Region plettenberg this helmet Shell (i stay there to construct a Steel door for my Company ) My question : how to load up pictures h

Someone is playing games now, and suggests there are no maker marks to show.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m 42 with rim and sauerland decal
    P
    Many

Guys dont get nervous please!
    Iam now in croatia!
    If i Come back i will Post the pictures you need,also Better pictures from the decal!!
    The only one i can say: i dont find any marks inside! We figure it out If i stay back at home!
    And dont insinuate me things like handle me like a criminal!!
    Its my helmet and he is Not to purchase! !!
    😠

Ok ...for the next 3 weeks the helmet will be deemed non authentic until better photos are provided.

What we do here Mr Fritz is accuse the helmet first by asking for photos of certain markings. Stories that come with an item are left in story books.
    The Item will authenticate the story first...not the other way around. Sorry !

Have a good vacation ..this helmet is not 100 % accurate if and when you return with better photos and the thread from here will just go south down the thread count on this forum.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I don’t see anyone offering to purchase the questionable helmet but rather try to authenticate.

I am hoping that the tone of Mr Fritz posts are simply down to things getting lost in translation. Unfortunately as said it cannot be verified without pictures of the inside of the rim, given the state of the helmet these might be lost to time, but perhaps in future you can make sure you post pictures of any press/maker markings in the first post then people will be happy.

I’m not sure he knew what to look for on the helmet that signified maker marks. Give him a couple of days and let him enjoy his vacation. When he gets home, maybe explain where the maker marks are on that specific helmet. We need to treat his story as authentic until proven wrong.

Hello friends
    Iam back from vacation!
    Here some New pictures from the Helme. Signs i could never find, maybe from the Bad structure Inside?
    I try to make some better pictures from the decals and the splints with there plates, also from the inner sides. I hope it could help a little.
    Best regards!

Ps: sorry the pictures size are to big, i must reduce it!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    It seems as if the OP in that link I posted was being referred to Kelly Hicks.

The OP never came back to say if he did or didn't get Mr. Hicks thumbs up.

Those who run in that circle would know.
    David?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Maybe he had a champers to give the go good in the same email? Joking aside these are really hard to call, personally, I am liking the all round wear and grounding, but i am no expert on this decal, so take from that what you will! Leon.

That's the problem Leon. I don't know anyone who can validate these decals. Some may say "YES, It'S GOOD"...but by what standard ? What are we comparing it to ? How many makers of these were there, what differences were there between makers ? If provenance is solid...that's the real proof, otherwise it's anybody's call
    D.

Hi Dave, I have been waiting for quality photos of the decal. I am by no means an expert, but have had the privilege of holding Al B.'s Sauerland helmets in hand and can in some cases rule out a decal while I may not be confident in saying one is definitely good. Terry would be a good set of eyes in this regard. Just waiting to see if the OP posts the pics we all have been waiting for. Jim G.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast