Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M-42 with wire and burlap cover

Article about: Hello everyone, this is my first time trying to post anything so hopefully it works out. I have had this lid and besides 1 period picture on this forum I havent seen anything else like it. I

?

Default M-42 with wire and burlap cover

Hello everyone, this is my first time trying to post anything so hopefully it works out. I have had this lid and besides 1 period picture on this forum I havent seen anything else like it. I was wondering what you all might think of it. The liner band is dated 1943, chin strap only has rbn # on it. The burlap has no smell whatsoever and under that the helmet itself appears to be white washed. Thanks everyone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-42 with wire and burlap cover   M-42 with wire and burlap cover  

M-42 with wire and burlap cover   M-42 with wire and burlap cover  

M-42 with wire and burlap cover  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-42 with wire and burlap cover
    P
    Many

Default Re: M-42 with wire and burlap cover

the helmet (from what i can see) is good as is the liner imo the clothe covering it and the wire is brand new and is a fake.
    if you can get photos of the helmet without the cover on it we could confirm if the helmet is good or not (i think it is)

tom

All the camo is bad.
    chris

?

Thanks for the comments but can you please elaborate and tell me why you think its wrong, is there something very obvious that I am not noticing here.

thanks again guys

the simplist how has the cover survived nigh on 70years with no wear

tom

?

ok fair enough, I was fairly certain that this was legitimate, the pictures with flash really doenst do the cover any justice as it is fairly soiled, wore through in a couple spots, absolutely no smell, it is very dried and seems as though it could fall apart easily. thanks again

?

It is quite obvious. The edges of the burlap seems to be cut relatively recently. Sharp edges. Also look at the top of the helmet. Neither burlap, nor chicken wire has any kind of wear at all. Had the helmet been in use in combat, it would have been put on the ground a countless number of times, generating some kind of wear and tear. Bottom outline also misses wear. IMO.

?

thank you all so much for your input, i inherited the helmet in the early 90's from my father, he said he got it with 2 others (which i have as well) in the 60's while in high school from a lady friends father, other than that i do not know. Apparently fakes have been around for a long time.

?

Well the helmet itself seems ok.

the best bet would be to take off the cover and chicken wire thing and show the helmet because it might be really good and worth more (you never know)

tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast