Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 Austrian DD

Article about: I picked this one up last summer. It is a very nice Double Decal Heer Austrian transitional helmet. It has a very nice light green finish on the outside. The decals are in great condition ex

Default M16 Austrian DD

I picked this one up last summer. It is a very nice Double Decal Heer Austrian transitional helmet.
    It has a very nice light green finish on the outside. The decals are in great condition except for some scuffs on the Tri Color. It appears that there is a Heer decal on top of another.
    The liner I really like. It has the initials EA written 4 times in the liner. The name Uffz. Weler is written twice. By the rear stitch in the liner is the initials AG and then a date 2/12/19 written. The liner band is dated 1938.
    On the dome of the helmet, it is stamped B L91.
    There are no markings on the chinstrap that I can see.
    Another cool feature that I was informed of was that this is a captured and reissued Czechoslovak vz.20 helmet. There are still bits of spot welds after the comb was removed from the front as well as back side of the helmet.
    I attached a period picture of the vz.20 helmet with the comb being worn.
    *NOTE* This is picture is not mine. It belongs to the rightful owner Radovan. I only included it for educational purposes.

Thanks for looking,

Sarge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Austrian DD   M16 Austrian DD  

M16 Austrian DD   M16 Austrian DD  

M16 Austrian DD  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Austrian DD
    P
    Many

VERY nice Sarge! I like these reissue pieces, they could tell a heck of a story. Cheers. Jim G.

The helmets in the picture are not M16s...

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    The helmets in the picture are not M16s...

How would you remove the comb on the Czech vz.20 helmet. It looks like that was how the were made. Like the Bulgarian helmets. Now I don't personally have one. But weren't they stamped out that way?

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Signature doesnt look faded.

Hi Rock , a beautiful double decal transitional that's had minimal use. I personally have no problem with the naming inside , it appears to be in fountain pen or alike(not ballpoint!) and I believe it is just so clear from the helmet being rarely worn. Maybe the original owner was a desk jockey! Leon.

The helmets in the picture are Czech CZ 20's which have combs like the one that once was on the piece that started the thread. The combs were completely separate from the shell and affixed to the shell at 3 points on the front of the comb and three on the back, just like on the thread-starter. The CZ 20 helmets would have been painted a color very similar to the color of the WWI Austrian M16. When the combs were removed like the comb was removed on the piece in the thread there were 6 holes that typically were filled in with welds. Many were reissued to the Wehrmacht as double decal Heers, as was this one, which, in my opinion, is 1000% correct. Jim G.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Rock , a beautiful double decal transitional that's had minimal use. I personally have no problem with the naming inside , it appears to be in fountain pen or alike(not ballpoint!) and I believe it is just so clear from the helmet being rarely worn. Maybe the original owner was a desk jockey! Leon.
    Do you believe, that fountain pen ink would have stood the test of time better than ballpoint pen ink would?
    Im asking, not disputing your post BTW.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The helmets in the picture are Czech CZ 20's which have combs like the one that once was on the piece that started the thread. The combs were completely separate from the shell and affixed to the shell at 3 points on the front of the comb and three on the back, just like on the thread-starter. The CZ 20 helmets would have been painted a color very similar to the color of the WWI Austrian M16. When the combs were removed like the comb was removed on the piece in the thread there were 6 holes that typically were filled in with welds. Many were reissued to the Wehrmacht as double decal Heers, as was this one, which, in my opinion, is 1000% correct. Jim G.
    A+ info

Quote by Scout View Post
    Do you believe, that fountain pen ink would have stood the test of time better than ballpoint pen ink would?
    Im asking, not disputing your post BTW.
    Hi scout , no what I mean is that the ball point was not invented until 1939 I think(or there abouts) That does not mean a fountain pen could not have been added post war , but taken into consideration with the minimal wear/use to the liner , I think this naming looks ok. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast