Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M16 Austrian Stahlhelm - Need help confirming and pricing

Article about: Hey all, I came across this Stahlhelm about a year ago and initially identified it as German, but now am starting to believe it may be Austrian due to the rivet placement and cloth chinstrap

MAP
    ?

Yes, sometimes the heat stamps are on the top and not inside.

There is no difference in the shell of the German M16 and M17, just the liner band (Leather vs. Steel)

As for the Austrian helmets, I am at the end of my knowledge. I think the "Austrian" M16 were actually German produced before the Austrians started producing their own (M17)....but as noted before, I could well be wrong and happy to stand corrected.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Austrian Stahlhelm - Need help confirming and pricing
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Last post for tonight before the wife makes me put the tablet away....

Here is another link that might be useful

German Helmet Educational Section

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Here are a few pictures of mine for comparison. It is a transitional so the paint, liner and chinstrap lugs are different.

My heat marks are on the inside of the dome with a size but no maker mark under the chinstrap lug. It is my assumption that this is Austrian but if someone disagrees happy to hear their view/comments.

It is raining here so had to take these pictures indoors with a flash.....

Michael

M16 Austrian Stahlhelm - Need help confirming and pricingM16 Austrian Stahlhelm - Need help confirming and pricingM16 Austrian Stahlhelm - Need help confirming and pricingM16 Austrian Stahlhelm - Need help confirming and pricingM16 Austrian Stahlhelm - Need help confirming and pricing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2