Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 Austrian Transitional/Reissue

Article about: The is one I acquired from my secretary's husband 18 or 19 years ago. It was brought back by his father, along with a SD Luft that I also have. This one started out in the Great War, was ref

Default M16 Austrian Transitional/Reissue

The is one I acquired from my secretary's husband 18 or 19 years ago. It was brought back by his father, along with a SD Luft that I also have. This one started out in the Great War, was refitted with a reinforced aluminum banded liner, a coat of smooth green paint, and probably double Heer decals sometime after 1937, and eventually was reissued with coat of brush applied textured feldgrau paint probably after 1940. It was captured in Normandy by Sgt. Perzan, but unfortunately, I have no additional information about the GI, as his family really never talked to him about his service. His son didn't know what Division his father was in or anything else about his service except that he was one of several brothers who fought in France. He passed away many years before I acquired the helmet. The name in the apron is 100% right, as this helmet sat in the cellar untouched for 50 years before my secretary asked me if I wanted it for my collection. She wanted to give it to me, but I forced her to take $400 for the 2 helmets. I think we both did okay under the circumstances. Anyway, here it is, I hope you like it. Jim G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Austrian Transitional/Reissue   M16 Austrian Transitional/Reissue  

M16 Austrian Transitional/Reissue   M16 Austrian Transitional/Reissue  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Austrian Transitional/Reissue
    P
    Many

Default Re: M16 Austrian Transitional/Reissue

Another great lid Jim and good to know the history behind it
    Thanks for showing.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Very nice helmet.

?

A fantastic helmet Jim, and with provenance to boot

Brad.

I really like this one. It's great to have the names to go with it.

4md
    ?

Great reissue Jim, I love well named helmets like this, you picked up a beauty. Its a shame the family didnt know more

regards Paul

?

Yes Jim, this is a fine untouched stahlhelm indeed! The climate and moisture levels must have been ideal in the cellar because this looks like it was picked up yesterday. The name is perfect!. Are you going to post the SD Lufty? I'd love to see that too and I'm sure I speak for all of us. Thanks for sharing and very nice quality photos as well.
    Dean.

I guess I miss this one.
    What a collection Jim.
    Love it.
    chris

?

Really nice! Agree with others, would love to see the Lufty if you have opportunity.

Regards //Al

?

Great lid in great condition. Thanks for showing. I like these impressive WWI lids very much.

PS
    You might want to edit the price you paid, as I gather from the context, that you paid more than 0.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast