Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M16 DD Transitional Heer with subtle camo

Article about: Here is my new addition that arrived last week. An Austrian shell M16 double decal Heer with a nice subtle camo scheme. You can't make out the maker mark due to the overpaint on the skirt bu

Default M16 DD Transitional Heer with subtle camo

Here is my new addition that arrived last week.
    An Austrian shell M16 double decal Heer with a nice subtle camo scheme. You can't make out the maker mark due to the overpaint on the skirt but I think it is a size 64 with a 56 liner, the linerband is an early reinforced aluminium type and the leather has been named. Both decals have suffered a little damage which is fitting with the overall condition of the helmet. I have since added a salty(ish) 1938 dated chinstrap to finish the look but haven't managed to make time to take my own photos yet.

Enjoy,

Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 DD Transitional Heer with subtle camo   M16 DD Transitional Heer with subtle camo  

M16 DD Transitional Heer with subtle camo   M16 DD Transitional Heer with subtle camo  

M16 DD Transitional Heer with subtle camo   M16 DD Transitional Heer with subtle camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 DD Transitional Heer with subtle camo
    P
    Many

That's a cool helmet, a true transitional with that paint finish and the early eagle. Is it mostly tranny's you have?

Talk about a subtle Camo pattern! Look too fast and you'll miss it.

A real beauty ,fantastic to see a nice unit mark(although I cannot tell what it is) and great decals too!!

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    That's a cool helmet, a true transitional with that paint finish and the early eagle. Is it mostly tranny's you have?
    Yeah this one really floats my boat

I wouldn't say it's what I mostly have but I am very partial to a nice tranny (of the helmet variety). I have four at the moment. I did consider focusing my collection on only Transitionals at one point but felt I would feel like a dieting kid in a sweet shop.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    A real beauty ,fantastic to see a nice unit mark(although I cannot tell what it is) and great decals too!!
    Cheers Leon, I am going to take some better pictures and try and decipher the unit mark.

Good helmets !

Camo trannies are very rare - nice one!!!

?

Have already told you that I love this one Chris.

One of the coolest looking Transitional helmets I have seen!

Cheers
    Alex