Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm

Article about: Hello what are your thoughts on this Helmet it appears to have decals underneath on both sides was this a reichswehr at one time ? thank you for your time Tony

?

Default M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm

Hello

what are your thoughts on this Helmet

it appears to have decals underneath on both sides
    was this a reichswehr at one time ?

thank you for your time
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm   M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm  

M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm   M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm  

M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm   M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm
    P
    Many

Hi Tony, the decals are very abraded, but I think they are OK.

The Reichwehr would have used this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I believe the insignia are stenciled, but I also think that they are period applied. I have an aluminum parade helmet (an M16 style shell) with stenciled insignia almost identical to these, and a GHW member posted a thread where he documented the removal of a a coat of what appeared to be period applied paint and the unearthing of stenciled insignia very similar to those on this piece as well. I agree with Ade that these are very early insignia. Jim G.

?

Hello
    thank you so much for the help
    always learning something here
    thanks again
    Tony

Here are some poor shots of the aluminum parade helmet I mentioned in my first post. The insignia are virtually identical. Jim G.

PS: I think I have some better shots in the PC in another file. if I find them I will post them up as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm   M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm  

Here are a few more pictures that are a bit clearer. The stenciled insignia are a pretty good match to my eye. Jim G.

M16 doube decal transitional heer stahlhelm  
    Last edited by helmet2id; 10-06-2015 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks Jim!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Jim
    thank you for the pics
    your right they are identical
    thanks again for the help
    Tony

A nice early helmet, and certainly a scarce variant, well done. Leon,