Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 Double Decal Heer - ET64

Article about: another sweet lid Jim, congrats mate

Default M16 Double Decal Heer - ET64

I haven't posted a helmet in a while, and for the first time in a long time I had a little free time this afternoon to take some pictures. Here is my newest addition - and my first M16 transitional in nearly 50 years of collecting. It is named, and complete with chin strap, reinforced aluminum banded liner, and original draw string. The paint is near flawless, and the tri color is very strong. The grey lined Adler took an unfortunate hit, but I can live with it. The M91 lugs were replaced with Austrian style chin strap attachments, probably during the Weimar era. Gotta love that spider webbing on the decal, I mean on the deck. Anyway, here if it, hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 Double Decal Heer - ET64   M16 Double Decal Heer - ET64  

M16 Double Decal Heer - ET64   M16 Double Decal Heer - ET64  

M16 Double Decal Heer - ET64  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 Double Decal Heer - ET64
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M16 Double Decal Heer - ET64

That is nice crisp looking helmet Interesting to see that the M16 ET helmets also have the ET groove on the rolled edge. Do you know up until when these where made?

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    That is nice crisp looking helmet Interesting to see that the M16 ET helmets also have the ET groove on the rolled edge. Do you know up until when these where made?

Regards, Lars
    I think this shell style (the shell styles designated as the M16 and M17 depending upon whether the liner band was leather or steel) was only manufactured in 1916, 1917, and possibly early on in 1918. When the M18 model can out, the modification of the liner system to incorporate the swiveled "d" rings for the chin strap attachment points made it unnecessary to drill the holes for the M91 lug assemblies. I don't know when ET stopped the manufacture of the WWI style combat shell, but I would suspect production stopped at the end of the War. I do know that this manufacturer made civil "M18" type shells during the interwar years which had the ET stamp and a "reclining lion" stamp on the apron. I have one of those with a tilted and pointed early Police tri color decal on the left side. Unfortunately, the early thin armed mobile hackenkreuz was scrapped off. The profile of that commercial shell is a little more rounded than the War time ET combat shells that I have. Anyway, thanks for the positive review. Cheers, Jim G.

?

My pleasure Jim. It's just the fact that everything ET (Thale) made has these grooves on the rolled rim. Even the FJ helmets have them.

It is understandable you can live with the "scraped" eagle. Does one dare to ask the price tag on this? It almost feels like asking a lady her age

Like it? No I don't like it. I love it! That's a great score. I could certainly live with that Heer decal being in that condition, because the overall condition is still fantastic. Hats off on another great buy!

PS. Local buy or Internet/dealer?

Very nice lid, I really must get my hands on something like this next.

Dealer. Thanks for the positive feedback on it. Cheers, Jim G.

?

Personally i think its terrible, it has no character, damaged, and generally a poor representation, how a spider can make a web like that i dont know, now the helmet is something else and i want it !!!!

Beautiful dd, can certainly live with the eagle like this as the rest is so strong.

Cheers
    Jason

?

I bet you thought i had lost the plot there for a moment eh Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast