Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M16(?) Found in the GARBAGE!

Article about: For the FIFTH! time, a helmet has come in with a load of garbage at my family's recycling facility. I think it's an M16. What do you guys think? Any additional advice or information is alway

?

Default Re: M16(?) Found in the GARBAGE!

Thats how they were meant to be, this type was originally used on picklehaubs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16(?) Found in the GARBAGE!
    P
    Many

Thank you for the kind words, everyone! I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Quote by oradour View Post
    GIZMO8Z, amazing find, it is indeed an M16 helmet, judging by the size of the air vent lugs a size 62 or 64, rusted out, the chinstrap is a corker ! and is probably worth more than the helmet shell, despite the rust, can you see any stampings/marks near to the chinstrap mounts ? for example "ET64"..... Prost ! Steve.
    I am currently at work, but I will be sure to check for stampings as soon as I get home. The skirt is probably the least rusted part of this helmet... so I'm optimistic that I'll be able to find some kind of stamps.

I spoke with a gentleman yesterday who said he was goin to bring me "Marine Corp maps from WW2"... who knows what that will turn out to be... but I'm hopng the man follows thru and that comes in today!

Quote by davejb View Post
    Thats how they were meant to be, this type was originally used on picklehaubs
    Very interesting! Can someone attempt to put a value on this find?

GIZMO8Z, amazing find, it is indeed an M16 helmet, judging by the size of the air vent lugs a size 62 or 64, rusted out, the chinstrap is a corker ! and is probably worth more than the helmet shell, despite the rust, can you see any stampings/marks near to the chinstrap mounts ? for example "ET64"..... Prost ! Steve.
    Welp... I was able to find some sort of stamping...

The letters are a little fuzzy... ET, EF, BT, BF?

The size is definitely 64.

Sorry for the crap pictures... I used my spare camera. My nice camera is in the car... and... it's dark outside.

ridiculous! just freaking ridiculous!

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    ridiculous! just freaking ridiculous!
    You are correct sir!

I find it so odd that I'm getting all these German (and 1 Japanese) helmets. The only American item I've come across is an old canteen.

[QUOTE=GIZMO8Z;350442]Welp... I was able to find some sort of stamping...The letters are a little fuzzy... ET, EF, BT, BF? The size is definitely 64.

It will be either "ET" or "BF" the other marks do not exist, if "BF" it is "F.C. Bellinger, of Fulda, they made sizes 62 and 64, if it is "ET" it is " Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G. of Thale in the Harz they made sizes 60 through to 68. I would imagine with chinstrap $150 +
    Prost ! Steve.

the hole could be from demilling, I remember seeing an old photo and a guy was using a pick and hitting German helmets and making holes in the tops so they could be sold as scrap metal

It will be either "ET" or "BF" the other marks do not exist, if "BF" it is "F.C. Bellinger, of Fulda, they made sizes 62 and 64, if it is "ET" it is " Eisenhuettenwerke Thale A.G. of Thale in the Harz they made sizes 60 through to 68. I would imagine with chinstrap $150 +
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks for the info!

Really... $150?! I thought it was worthless... especially considering how dry and withered the chin strap is!

Quote by battle gear View Post
    the hole could be from demilling, I remember seeing an old photo and a guy was using a pick and hitting German helmets and making holes in the tops so they could be sold as scrap metal

Perhaps... I find it odd that it looks like the hole was punched from the inside out.

?

Your one lucky S.O.B....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast