Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M16 SA Transitional - Hochland

Article about: I purchased this from Ratisbons Auctions today. Would have liked to shown it for comments before purchasing but was away most of last week [U]and[U] only got my new PC late yesterday (btw...

MAP
    ?

Default M16 SA Transitional - Hochland

I purchased this from Ratisbons Auctions today. Would have liked to shown it for comments before purchasing but was away most of last week [U]and[U] only got my new PC late yesterday (btw...it is killer awesome machine )

Given that this is far from a text book helmet with little to compare it to, was hoping for some feedback. (It comes with a gty)

To me (and I could be wrong), it looks good. Appears to be two coats of brown paint. One when the Edelweiss was originally painted and then another layer later after some wear and tear. Wear patterns look good to me and the paint is aged with some nice crinkling/cracking. The Edelweiss is handpainted and looks really well done. Interior is great.

From the Auction description:

Early SA Gruppe Hochland M16 with chin strap. Painted Edelweiss with swastika.

The helmet was period time painted brown. A Edelweiss with swastika was painted to the helmet as its decal. A very early helmet.

No visible stamps on the shell due to the brown paint.

Leather liner is maker marked Carl Menzel 1917.

Liner is named but hard to read. Appears that the unit is Sturm 21/2 (St.Pölten, Austria)

I have been very satisfied with my two other purchases from Klaus Butschek auction house and he has an A+ reputation as far as I know, but as noted, this is not your typical helmet so would like some more eyes to look this one over

Regards,

Michael

PS: These are my two other items from Klaus. Both top notch items

Kavallerie Officers Visor "Braunschweig" skull by Pekuro - KC Winner attributed

EK2 Spange L/11 Deumer

M16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - Hochland
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 SA Transitional - Hochland
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Batch #2

M16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - Hochland

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

a special one Leon , I would present it on GHW. More folk there with experience in these kind of helmets.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Frank.

Posted it at GHW first. Radio silence so far over there.

And agree. This is a special one if it all turns out well.

Michael

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Frank.

Posted it at GHW first. Radio silence so far over there.

And agree. This is a special one if it all turns out well.

Michael
    Langemarck on GHW has one similar , same brown color , no insignia though.
    He also bought it as a rarity but cheap , I hope you didn't pay too much?

Nice helmet, I was watching the auction and I think you did quite well for the price.
    Morris

MAP
    ?

Thanks Frank.

Was a fair price IMHO. And good to here that Langemarck has something similar.

I should be getting it in a week and will take a closer look especially on the writing on the liner with the Sturm battalion information as well as the Edelweiss. From the pictures supplied so far the patina on the Edelweiss look good but will need to see up close.

MAP
    ?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Nice helmet, I was watching the auction and I think you did quite well for the price.
    Morris
    Thanks Morris,

Agree, it think it was a fair price and if it this turns out the way I hope I will be very very happy.

Klaus has some nice items. I love the visor and spange i got the last time. Just missed out on the nice unissued PAB this time. Waiting for it to pop up here. Hopefully someone we know got it

Michael

I was lucky enough to pic up a regular IAB for a good price as well.
    Just not a fan of the 12.5 buys premium but what can you do.
    Morris

MAP
    ?

Great for you.

I was looking at the nice minty silver IAB without the bag (Lot 197) but didn't bid because the bronze PAB was up for sale just a few minutes after...could only pick one to bid on.

The commission is a killer but it is what it is and with the $ being strong now, I'm trying to get what I can if the FX rates move back to historical levels.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast