Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M16 SA Transitional - Hochland

Article about: I purchased this from Ratisbons Auctions today. Would have liked to shown it for comments before purchasing but was away most of last week [U]and[U] only got my new PC late yesterday (btw...

Some time ago someone posted one on Walhalla but I can not find it.
    Chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 SA Transitional - Hochland
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Some time ago someone posted one on Walhalla but I can not find it.
    Chris
    Thanks Chris,

I looked as well. Searching for something like this in a database like GHW or WRF is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Eitherway, I'm liking some of the circumstantial evidence until happily (or unhappily) proven otherwise either by someone else or myself once I get it in the mail and go over with a fine tooth comb.

From a purely circumstantial perspective:
    a) the writing on the liner certainly looks good (style and age) so far and is named to an SA battalion,
    b) Langemarck at GHW having one in the same color but without the Edelweiss (here again, I would not expect other early SA lids to have an Edelweiss unless they were from a region which used them),
    c) From the pictures supplied the age and patina on the paint and Edelweiss show signs of promise
    d) Coming from a reliable reseller. I've emailed him to see if he has more information and any provenance.

I'm not trying to convince myself....LoL... just making my less than expert observations.

Keeping my fingers crossed.....

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I sent Langemarck a pm , you can try to search for it via his profile. Find content , then topics.

MAP
    ?

Thanks for all the help Frank. I'll do that.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

A very cool looking Helm. I hope it turns out for the better.
    Have you thrown a line to Mr. Helms(DougB) to see what his opinion is?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    A very cool looking Helm. I hope it turns out for the better.
    Have you thrown a line to Mr. Helms(DougB) to see what his opinion is?
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil.

Posted on GHW. So far all good news from over there. Thumbs up from everyone pretty much. One small request to see a close up of the Edelweiss but over all its looking good.

I'm close to doing my happy dance...very close.

Michael

Hi Michael, from where I'm sitting, I think you have yourself a nice and rare helmet. The shade of brown looks spot on for a nice early SA helmet and the Edelweiss does appear to be period applied. Well done, I think your instincts have served you well! Leon.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Leon

It's one of those helmets that have next to nothing to compare it to so with the limited time I had there definately was a hefty dose of instincts and trust in my decision...and of course a gty....lol

MAP
    ?

Well my M16 SA Hochland helmet arrived today and she sure is a beauty...will not post new pictures of the lid itself as the auction house ones better than what I could do.

But was itching to decipher the name. With the help of John (Relicz), it has now been id'ed to G. Forstbauer, Sturm 21/2. A small step but important to the history of the helmet. Next step is to see if I can decipher the second name and unit under the

Further from what I have been told, the shell is a Lindenberg.

To keep the info all in one place, I'm attaching the link.

Reading a name...

M16 SA Transitional - HochlandM16 SA Transitional - Hochland

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2