Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M16 shell BF64 with remnants of double decal?

Article about: I have seen this being sold as a WW1 shell, however there are remnants of at least one decal, possibly two. The decal looks a little out of place for a Reichswehr era national emblem. Any th

?

Default M16 shell BF64 with remnants of double decal?

I have seen this being sold as a WW1 shell, however there are remnants of at least one decal, possibly two. The decal looks a little out of place for a Reichswehr era national emblem. Any thoughts please?

M16 shell BF64 with remnants of double decal?M16 shell BF64 with remnants of double decal?M16 shell BF64 with remnants of double decal?M16 shell BF64 with remnants of double decal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 shell BF64 with remnants of double decal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M16 shell BF64 with remnants of double decal?

Hi, it almost looks as though it may have been decaled twice!The size of the decals does look to large for Reichswehr as you say,but could it be possible that it was period re-decaled after a re-paint(change of service etc),with the newer decals slightly mis-aligned over the top of the over-painted decals,then finally period re-painted again,with no decals applied? When someone has gone "digging" for the decals they have uncovered TWO on each side making it look large and messy? Just a complicated thought!! Leon.

?

Hi Alicat, to be honest, from these pics the only thing I will add, it the shell is definitely a BF, either M16/M17.
    Can't really offer anything more to add with the pics provided, decals could be dug and damaged, not sure.
    Ask for better pics with paint, and decal area close ups in daylight, that will help greatly.

Brad.

I would pass on this helmet.
    The pictures I really not good.
    But from what I can see repainted shell ,with decals real maybe fake.
    Too many if .
    chris

?

I have to agree with chris it does look to be a repainted shell, look at the chin strap posts there appears to be no wear marks around their circumferance, a bit suspicious !!!!

Just too much going on with this one. I'd also pass.