Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M16 shell, could have been used during WWII?

Article about: by Munich Rare helmet Hey everybody this is a M16 shell, some one who owned it before me painted it in this ugly green, anyway could this helmet been used during the WWII ? And are they wort

Terrence Lynn
    ?

Default M16 shell, could have been used during WWII?

M16 shell, could have been used during WWII?M16 shell, could have been used during WWII?
    Hey everybody this is a M16 shell, some one who owned it before me painted it in this ugly green, anyway could this helmet been used during the WWII ? And are they worth anything?
    Thanks.

2. # ADS

Hi Terrence, welcome to the forum, these helmets were used by the Third Reich but there is no way of telling where this one has been as it has been messed with to badly. Try removing that horrible green mess, you have nothing to loose and there just may be something worth preserving underneath. In this condition there is no great value I'm afraid. Leon.

That liner is in good shape. The transitionals usually have a later liner in them, unless they are very early. I would definitely try to clean that paint off.

As Leon said repainted but a original WW1 helmet I too would remove the post war green paint just to see what's under it. Nice liner in it these were used in both wars that one does not appear to be a rework for ww2. Timothy

?

Hello
    Personally I doubt it was further used by the Germans past W1 nice size 62 actually in this state the liner is the jewel imo agree with the Gents remove that overpaint try save and reuse the liner pins also.

Eric

?

Gents
    Just noticed more pics of this helmet on ebay.

Regards

Wow, that price is a little much! Im not even sure it would go for that with the original paint! (unless it was camo)