Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M17 croatian steelhelmet DD einsatzstaffel

Article about: by DougB Thanks for the reply. I would love to examine them under 400x magnification. You would not have to magnificate so large believe me . I only have seen 1 picture in an old helmet book

frw legion flandern
    ?

Default M17 croatian steelhelmet DD einsatzstaffel

Hi there again
    I just made a new foto of my second M17 Einsatzstaffel helmet decal . Hopefully this is better quality foto .
    The decal is still great . The helmet is in a very salty condition .
    grtz legion flandern
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 croatian steelhelmet DD einsatzstaffel  

2. # ADS

Default Re: M17 croatian steelhelmet DD einsatzstaffel

Were the Heer checker board shields ever hand painted versus decals? In Baer there is a pictures of a Heer insignia that sure looks to have been hand painted. Any replies will be appreciated. Jim G.

Did this one come from the same source ?

You must understand that if real you are extremely lucky and have not one but two helmets of a very rare configuration. I mean very very rare configuration. I am active on many militaria forums and these are the first I have seen. So I'm as suspicious as they are rare.

Can we see the checkered shield from this helmet as well ?
    How long ago did you get both helmets ?

frw legion flandern
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Did this one come from the same source ?

You must understand that if real you are extremely lucky and have not one but two helmets of a very rare configuration. I mean very very rare configuration. I am active on many militaria forums and these are the first I have seen. So I'm as suspicious as they are rare.

Can we see the checkered shield from this helmet as well ?
    How long ago did you get both helmets ?
    Thanks for the interest and i am happy to have 2 of these helmets, . I am going to make new foto's of the decals from the 2 helmets . Now i know how to make better foto's,to post them on this site , so people van check them out .
    grtz legion flandern

frw legion flandern
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Were the Heer checker board shields ever hand painted versus decals? In Baer there is a pictures of a Heer insignia that sure looks to have been hand painted. Any replies will be appreciated. Jim G.
    Hi there ,
    i dont know for sure . It sometimes was done to paint a swastika . But when you speak about painting a decal instead off a real fabric applied one or fabric made and hand applied one would be strange . Its not logical for me . I am no expert as so far .
    grtz legion flandern

frw legion flandern
    ?

Here a picture off an SS Kriegsberichter and a croatian volksdeutsche army member wearing a M42 problaby DD . You see the croatian checkboard .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 croatian steelhelmet DD einsatzstaffel  

?

How do you authenticate these helmets. As an avid collector of SS helmets the print (ink) and pulver seem quite unlike what you find on authentic SS decals. The pulver does not seem to exhibit the age and depth one associates with a decal style like this including the mega rare SS variants. Please understand I am being a healthy sceptic and not a cynic and would like to know how one goes about telling real from fake on a helmet such as this.

?

Is anything known about the actual manufacturer etc of these Croation runic decals ?

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

frw legion flandern
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    How do you authenticate these helmets. As an avid collector of SS helmets the print (ink) and pulver seem quite unlike what you find on authentic SS decals. The pulver does not seem to exhibit the age and depth one associates with a decal style like this including the mega rare SS variants. Please understand I am being a healthy sceptic and not a cynic and would like to know how one goes about telling real from fake on a helmet such as this.
    Hi there , and thanks for being healthy sceptic . About authentification , as already few forum members wrote , these helmets are so scarce , that they are difficult to be judged , and only a few left i think. I tried to make good pictures off the helmet . its a beautiful salty helmet . And there is never a decal the same , as it should be . fabric applied or hand applied . But if you could have them ( 2ea ) in your hands to excamen you will be confinced . i put them on the forum to get wiser ,and to learn more about them . Like the other forum member asked . Who was the fabric that maked these decals etc
    So make me smarter and enjoy this helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M17 croatian steelhelmet DD einsatzstaffel   M17 croatian steelhelmet DD einsatzstaffel  

?

Thanks for the reply. I would love to examine them under 400x magnification.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast