Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M17 helmet with special colour in mint condition?

Article about: Hello I posted this helmet many month ago and no one commented under it I post it again yet, because im not shure About the Colour on the helmet The Shell seems to be an M17 from the great w

Hello
    Thanks all for the disscusion and the informations
    I am normally a Expert of recognize the original helmet shells, but this Helmet was special(50:50 Chance), because I never have seen a helmet in this condition with this parts
    My 7 other WW1 era helmets and all I have identified
    I have a good book about this helmets from WW1 to the end of WW2

Best regards
    Bavarian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M17 helmet with special colour in mint condition?
    P
    Many

I am pleased and impressed to hear that you are an expert on this subject at your age.

Personally, I have collected German helmets (and other militaria) for 25 years and am still very ignorant of many aspects of this huge subject.

Hello
    I hope noone missunderstand me
    I mean that I am an Expert of recognize the originality of helmet shells of this area
    I dont know any variation on liner and how to recognize a original chinstrap
    I hope I learn more about this section
    This forum helped me to identify my Russian and Italian helmets
    Best regards,
    Bavarian

The entire helmet looks off. notice the rear liner pin hole. That is way to high. Also the shape of the entire shell looks off.

To me it looks like a RLB M18 helmet with, of course and I'm sorry to say, a very recent paint job. Probably a restored one? As the paint underneath does not look old either.
    But the shell could even be fake as well, I'm not sure about that.
    Also, is it true that you're selling this helmet? Because this exact helmet is being sold on Ebay Kleinanzeigen.

Quote by ShapedSteel View Post
    lso, is it true that you're selling this helmet? Because this exact helmet is being sold on Ebay Kleinanzeigen.
    From what I've seen he is selling quite a few of his helmets right now on Kleinanzeigen, also interesting to see that a Hungarian helmet (post war used) he posted here earlier in which I spotted an original German M31 liner leather and now its being sold stripped to the bare shell without the liner. I guess he is just after original things right now haha, though he also appears to be selling some original shells, but make of that what you wish, I am not one to judge or ridicule anyone
    Luis

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    From what I've seen he is selling quite a few of his helmets right now on Kleinanzeigen, also interesting to see that a Hungarian helmet (post war used) he posted here earlier in which I spotted an original German M31 liner leather and now its being sold stripped to the bare shell without the liner. I guess he is just after original things right now haha, though he also appears to be selling some original shells, but make of that what you wish, I am not one to judge or ridicule anyone
    Luis
    It was certainly not my intention to judge/ridicule him by mentioning that he's selling it, not that I think that you're accusing me of that, I just wanted to make that clear.

Neither was it for me, I only wanted to inform the people reading this thread about that, noting more, nothing less, all is good
    Luis

Hello
    I understand you complete but my Collection was so big at this time(120 Helmets, 3 Rucksacks,10 Bayonets and so on. and I had to sell many of my Items
    I had to weigh which one to sell
    I also had to get away at least 70 helmets which I was allowed to buy some again
    Unfortunately, some things go only in parts away
    I hope this is understableable for you
    I quickly had to sell many to get back the best pieces in the collection because on ebay kleinanzeigen were many treasures for small budget to find every day like my M34 medium duty edelstahlhelmet with complete liner and applegreen Colourfor 30€ or my M42 size 68 helmet for 20€ include delivery
    And to the helmet I found out that the color of my child steel helmet on the chinstrap rivets and several times in the Austrian Federal Army of 1938 occurs
    best regards
    bavarian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3