Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M18 Bahnschutz Helmet

Article about: I was going through some of the old threads and found where I had promised to post this one, a rare M18 Bahnschutz helmet. It was reissued as a double decal Heer in the TR period, then relin

Default Re: M18 Bahnschutz Helmet

A very rare helmet and unusual helmet,well done. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Bahnschutz Helmet
    P
    Many

Very cool, I have only seen a couple on the forums. This one must be about the best one out there.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Very cool, I have only seen a couple on the forums. This one must be about the best one out there.
    Thanks Andy, It is a nice one, but the collector from whom I acquired it let it go because he had one that was in MUCH better shape! I am, none the less, thrilled to be, as Bob correctly stated, not the owner, but simply the current "custodian" of this historic artifact. Cheers, Jim G.

Hi Jim.
    Is this the only model shell they used?
    the reason I am asking all the original I have seen were all on this type of shell.
    chris

I believe there are original examples that are M34 shells, and other commercial or civic shell styles as well. I have also seen an M40 painted the exact color of mine that certainly looked to have been period painted. That one had no decals, but may very well have been used by the Bahnschutz. The only real examples I have seen in hand, however, have been either M16's or M18's. (I have only seen 4 others besides mine.) Cheers, Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I believe there are original examples that are M34 shells, and other commercial or civic shell styles as well. I have also seen an M40 painted the exact color of mine that certainly looked to have been period painted. That one had no decals, but may very well have been used by the Bahnschutz. The only real examples I have seen in hand, however, have been either M16's or M18's. (I have only seen 4 others besides mine.) Cheers, Jim G.
    Thank you Jim.
    I have seen 3 and they were all on M18.
    chris

Not only is that a fantastic helmet, I also really like how its passage can be traced back to the early days of collecting. Its like the helmet has two lots of history!

?

now it has own collector's history. Imo is a rarest helmet than any RAD etc helmets. I can't imagine what I can get in the end of 60's in the area I live. I remember time, I bought my second helmet in the life in 1984 year for 3 rubles, which was approx 6 USD, it was a minty DD SS helmet, fresh found in the garbage. Even that time 3 rubles was a very big money for a school guy like me. Unfortunately this kind of collecting was forbidden in the USSR and there was no any community and books to find necessary information
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

a fantastic helmet, and one on my list too

?

It is nice to comeback to the forum and see a outstanding helmet like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast