Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M18 Heer Reissue

Article about: Hey Everyone, Just got this one today, It's an M18 SD Heer reissued to 1940 specs. with an HJ&K decal and Czech Chinstrap The helmet is marked BF64 I think, It's hard to see under the re

?

Default M18 Heer Reissue

Hey Everyone,

Just got this one today, It's an M18 SD Heer reissued to 1940 specs. with an HJ&K decal and Czech Chinstrap

The helmet is marked BF64 I think, It's hard to see under the reissue paint.

One cool thing to see is one of the lugs still has mud stuck in it. Maybe this was done by the soldier?

My phone and the lighting make it seem a lot darker than it is, ill post some outdoor photos when the weather permits.

Hope you guys like it.

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M18 Heer Reissue   M18 Heer Reissue  

M18 Heer Reissue   M18 Heer Reissue  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Heer Reissue
    P
    Many

I like it. That HJK decal has been placed on many post war "creations" due to the abundance of unapplied examples still in existence.
    But this one is a convincing application I believe wartime applied. It's on a shell that this decal is expected to be on & it has toned nicely over the years.
    Nice pick-up
    D.

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I like it. That HJK decal has been placed on many post war "creations" due to the abundance of unapplied examples still in existence.
    But this one is a convincing application I believe wartime applied. It's on a shell that this decal is expected to be on
    Nice pick-up
    D.
    Thanks David, What are the give aways of a post war applied decal?
    from examples I've seen they always seem to be cracked or chipped.

Alex

There can be stress marks or striations, missing corners from application, cracks, dull black field with very metallic or bright eagle. Also, the post war applied don't "suck down" into the paint as this one has. The pin head size protrusions poking thru is almost impossible to replicate on a post war application. Unapplied decals don't tone like this either for some reason. Paint interaction especially on a non factory paint job seems to affect the decals also

On top of that...the wartime applied decals just have an overall look to them that someone who has studied helmets for a while can identify
    D.

?

There can be stress marks or striations, missing corners from application, cracks, dull black field with very metallic or bright eagle. Also, the post war applied don't "suck down" into the paint as this one has. The pin head size protrusions poking thru is almost impossible to replicate on a post war application. Unapplied decals don't tone like this either for some reason. Paint interaction especially on a non factory paint job seems to affect the decals also

On top of that...the wartime applied decals just have an overall look to them that someone who has studied helmets for a while can identify
    D.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Good to know for the future

Alex

?

Got some quick outdoor pics while the sun was out. Not the best, but it shows its color a lot better
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M18 Heer Reissue   M18 Heer Reissue  

Great helmet you got there

Very very nice find, great addition to your collection.

That’s a beautiful transitional helmet Alex and has a lot of character. Currently looking for a transitional myself.

Mud, rolled up newspaper etc were often used to plug up the vent lug holes too keep the cool air out and I’ve read that the wind could create a whistling noise.

D.
    Great advice on what to look for on a transitional. I would like to add one to my collection at some point also.
    This helmet is really nice - lovely patina all over and a fantastic decal. I think you have done well.
    Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast