Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please help

Article about: Hi, Not 100% sure what I have bought as I am on a very steep learning curve when it comes to helmets. That said I have done some research and hopefully have bought what I think is a 1920's m

Default M18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please help

Hi,

Not 100% sure what I have bought as I am on a very steep learning curve when it comes to helmets. That said I have done some research and hopefully have bought what I think is a 1920's made m18 style helmet. It has all the right features for one from what I have fathomed out so far. It is stamped with the mark A ..ang The lid colour is dark grey rather than black in daylight.

The rivets for attaching the liner are solid core and the liner is the leather m24 ? variation.....

Any further guidance, comments or re-education much appreciated.

regards

Tony

M18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please helpM18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please helpM18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please helpM18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please helpM18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please helpM18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please helpM18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please helpM18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please helpM18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Post ww 1 Commercial Helmet ? Please help
    P
    Many

Hi, I have never really studied these pre- Third Reich helmets but from what I can see I think you have a nice original. It does not look like a Chinese copy to me, the wear patterns all look like good old fashioned age. Leon.

thanks leon

This is a correct inter War commercially produced "droop bill" helmet with the expected M26 liner. A nice one for sure. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    This is a correct inter War commercially produced "droop bill" helmet with the expected M26 liner. A nice one for sure. Jim G.
    Thanks Jim, I used the post you did of yours as a template to guide me through the purchase of this one.

I am now relieved that I did the right thing......and got what I wanted. Another good reason to buy my membership on the forum, money well spent being in the gold club.

cheers

Tony

Nice helmet. Is it possible to get better pictures (shoot in sunlight)? Daylight/Sunlight is better to get a better feeling for the color.

Kind regards
    Basti

As soon as I saw your 5th photo I thought Ducks Bill which they are also sometimes known as too!

A great purchase of a not commonly seen helmet.

Andy