MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M18 Transitional helmet !!

Article about: M 18 Transitional helmet maker ET , the liner has a Reichswehr stamp and a makers stamp dated 1931 !

Default Re: M18 Transitional helmet !!

I've been looking at both decals off and on for the past few days. I just can't come to like either of them. I don't like the lines that make up the feathers in the body. That's my biggest concern. The wear looks crude and unnatural.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Transitional helmet !!
    P
    Many

Quote by NARVIK View Post
    I would be careful to trash this one. I am intrigued by the Reichswehr Marine stamp in the liner. If this is really a KM, it is extremely rare. I am liking certain details on the eagle decal, frankly. We need better pictures of the decal!
    That's just it Scott , the liner is fine but don't let it take your attention away from all that's wrong with the decal.

?

Unfortunately guys my present camera is probably incapable of giving better photos of the decals but i'll try again tomorrow in daylight to see if i can get closer and in focus shots,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by NARVIK View Post
    I would be careful to trash this one. I am intrigued by the Reichswehr Marine stamp in the liner. If this is really a KM, it is extremely rare. I am liking certain details on the eagle decal, frankly. We need better pictures of the decal!
    not only from the decal Scott, pics of the rivets in and- outside the helmet are also needed.

?

Quote by langemarck View Post
    not only from the decal Scott, pics of the rivets in and- outside the helmet are also needed.
    Roger that !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I agree. It has definitely been rubbed. I cannot say anything with certainty, but there are indications that this is an early decal type, so I would not discount it as a fake out of hand. More detailed pics are necessary, and USB microscope pictures would be very helpful.

Can you share your indications Scott ? What maker do you think it is ? Have you ever seen an original decal that looks like that after being liberated ?

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Frank here is another hopefully better shot of the decal taken in normal daylight, it certainly looks as if it has been cleaned / rubbed down at some time !!

cheers

Paul

Attachment 468247
    I really don't like the way those black lines have been rubbed off. I am not a decal expert, unfortunately. If this is a fake, it is an elaborate one. The right shoulder on the decal is similar to the one on my KM transitional (I.e., more rounded than the inner shoulder tip on the opposite wing). Otherwise, I am having a hard time analyzing this one.

I'm not sure how I feel about this helmet. I wouldn't rule anything out though. It would be great if you could get some USB microscope shots.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3