Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M18 Transitional SD - are Decal & Paintwork Original

Article about: Thanks everyone for their contributions, its made it a interesting thread for me. My thinking in offering 300 Euro was bearing in mind, I was unsure about the decal, if it was proved to be a

?

Default Re: M18 Transitional SD - are Decal & Paintwork Original

Thanks everyone for their contributions, its made it a interesting thread for me. My thinking in offering 300 Euro was bearing in mind, I was unsure about the decal, if it was proved to be a dud decal, at least the chin strap is worth 100 Euro, Liner another 100 Euro and finally the shell Bellinger Fulda, not seen that often, has got to be worth another 100 Euro, at least I've covered my backside. I don't know if I should really think along these lines - hope to many helmet collectors aren't grasping for smelling salts after reading this. I'm not intending to increase my offer - 300 Euro is tops.
    Helmetone's last post - "Doug do you think that is a grey lined Heer decal, given its a wartime reissue? " I ask - is it a wartime reissue ? I don't know ? I always thought these type were phased out by the time war started. However the seller did say the helmet belonged to his granddad, at that time the family were living in the Sudatenland, Czechoslovakia whether this has a bearing on which on what equipment they got there I don't know. Any further info welcome. Again thanks everyone for their impute on this helmet.

P.s. I think he'll be contacting me again

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Transitional SD - are Decal & Paintwork Original
    P
    Many

?

I would say there is definately a problem with the liner, it looks washed out, that makes me wonder why, replaced, Norwegian, or good replica, as for the paint story, I dont buy it, no matter how well a helmet has had paint removed, there is always some indication

I think there are just too many questions and unknowns on this helmet. If it were me, I would pass. And try not to use the parts value as a rationale for buying it. If it's junk now in one piece, it will be junk later in several pieces. I'd keep looking.

Not an M18, this is a 16 or 17.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Doug do you think that is a gray lined Heer decal, given its a wartime reissue?
    That's what it appears to me. They reissued transitionals throughout the war. And yes, it's an M16/17, good catch Corey. If it were me I'd save the $ and put it towards a nice DD transitional with M31 liner, lots out there, prices have come down on them, vs buying this one.

I cannot see any reason to buy this helmet , from a collector viewpoint. Removed repaint helmets have little value ,there are just too many nice untouched helmets out there. More expensive yes but untouched wartime condition is why we collect no ?

I'd bet he will contact you again as he probably thinks you're now 'hooked'.
    Too many negatives from members on this lid - and I agree - save your
    money for something much better.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2