Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1940?

Article about: From this angle, the black helmet looks to me like a standard M1940 in pretty good condition, with strap intact but no way to see if the device is still on the other side. Might have been re

JKK
    ?

Default M1940?

M1940?

From this angle, the black helmet looks to me like a standard M1940 in pretty good condition, with strap intact but no way to see if the device is still on the other side. Might have been repainted (pity). If it still has the liner it's worth a lot more. I think it's possibly an SS helmet. If authentic, could be $100 (minimum), could be $1500?

As with other photos, sorry for the angle and quality. I truly wish I had a better image to offer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1940?
    P
    Many

looks like a postwar repaint more pictures would be needed, and better quality pictures...

?

Sorry, but I think you need better photos over the helmet and inside to prove it's authencity. It seems that it had a bullet strike that didn't penetrate the shell?

Best Regards Al

JKK
    ?

I agree with you both. At this angle and quality, authenticity is problematic to determine. Unfortunately, this is all I can get to work with, so we may not be able to be sure.

Honestly with this pic as the only one to assess, to say it is a black SS this is an exercise in optimism if I have ever seen one

IMO also it is a post war czech fire service helmet (WW2 german, but repainted and reused).

PS: Notice from the wear on the crown that black seems to be the only layer on this shell; the vast majority of the already unicorn-rare SS black helmets were repainted black over a factory green. I've seen only a single M35 that was factory black.

JKK
    ?

Heh. Well, I like to be optimistic but will have to defer to realism and received knowledge. That's a good point about the paint wear and what it reveals.

Hi , even with this picture I think it is safe to say that this helmet has been post war painted. Leave it well alone unless you fancy a helmet for re-enactment! Leon.

?

A black M40 parade with SS runic decal would not exist unless Danish Schalburg Korps and there is only 1 of those that I know of so you are talking needle in a stack of needles on a field of needles in a country of needles. If this were one then run and buy a lottery ticket as your odds are better at winning. You need more photos before you ask opinions. It is a postwar painted helmet in any case.

No doubt some of the Czek Fire Brigade helmets comming in from reanactment places like Hessian Antiques etc. timothy

?

I'm confused here. If I'm reading this right, this is the only pic you have of the helmet, and you say it's possible it could be an SS?

Samir

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast